Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wisp users - how often do you change the pillow?
Wisp users - how often do you change the pillow?
The specified interval is like once every 2 weeks but the respiratory therapist said very few people actually change it that often and I can have the company not auto-ship me stuff for that reason.

So curious how long you usually go and do you use a set interval or does the nasal mask just not work as well and that causes you to get a new one?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wisp users - how often do you change the pillow?
(04-19-2015, 11:08 PM)usone123 Wrote: The specified interval is like once every 2 weeks but the respiratory therapist said very few people actually change it that often and I can have the company not auto-ship me stuff for that reason.
So curious how long you usually go and do you use a set interval or does the nasal mask just not work as well and that causes you to get a new one?

About a month, but in fact I usually keep forgetting and I end up using the same one for a month and a half or more. But I also run it through the dishwasher (really!) every couple of weeks. When the oils build up on it I find it starts to leak more.
Post Reply Post Reply
I change mine twice per month but I have allergies and also I have been under the weather since at least November. But, I have changed mine on that schedule from the beginning and that is because the treatment for a ear infection at the mastoid bone and fluid is a nasty round of antibiotics with very nasty side affects (it is used for those that have been exposed to anthrax) and I just prefer to avoid that treatment at all costs. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
I would change mine when I noticed the seal wasn't holding as well. Usually every 3-4 weeks or so. My insurance covers two cushions per month so I could've gone bi weekly if I wanted.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 11:08 PM)usone123 Wrote: The specified interval is like once every 2 weeks but the respiratory therapist said very few people actually change it that often and I can have the company not auto-ship me stuff for that reason.

My provider sends me two per month. I started therapy 2 months ago and I use two that I alternate. So right now I would have used each 1 month and so far they seal better than at the beginning so I am hesitant to ditch them and open the new ones. I wash the one used daily with a little dawn dishwashing liquid and let it dry until the next time. Hope that helps you.

Someone told me that they got 6 months out of theirs, that two weeks was excessive. I am new to this, so I really cannot answer. Time will tell. I keep stocking the replacement ones so I have them when I need them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find it convenient to treat pillows much the same as I do my socks.

...When they get dirty, I wash them.

...When they get holes in them, I replace them.

Works fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I came home the other day to a box of 5 of them, I was a bit thrown off because I didn't ask for any but they said it was just standard but I could send them back. My insurance charges me 50% for every part so I'd rather ride them out Smile

Thanks all!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2015, 07:45 PM)usone123 Wrote: Thanks all. I came home the other day to a box of 5 of them, I was a bit thrown off because I didn't ask for any but they said it was just standard but I could send them back. My insurance charges me 50% for every part so I'd rather ride them out Smile

Thanks all!

I was given the option between two providers.
Option One provider would send me 2 cushions/pillows (or 1 full face cushion) per month but a full mask, climate line and humidifier tank only every 6 months. I get to accept or decline monthly.

Option Two provider would send me only 1 pillow/cushion per month but a full mask, but a full mask, climate line and a humidifier tank every 3 months. I get to accept of decline every 3 months. Insurance would cover either one with my 20% copay. This option is a bit more expensive also.

I choice Option 1. Was I wrong? What option would make more sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2015, 07:45 PM)usone123 Wrote: Thanks all. I came home the other day to a box of 5 of them, I was a bit thrown off because I didn't ask for any but they said it was just standard but I could send them back. My insurance charges me 50% for every part so I'd rather ride them out Smile

Thanks all!

With my P10, I have 6 sets of snap-on pillows. I use them all - a clean one every night, and then after 6 nights, I wash them all and the headgear. Same amount of wear on the equipment, but less time on the washup chore. Just another one of my successful ways to do more with less energy [my German ancestors would just say I'm lazy] Whistle
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 06:17 PM)AirSign Wrote:

Thanks all!

With my P10, I have 6 sets of snap-on pillows. I use them all - a clean one every night, and then after 6 nights, I wash them all and the headgear. Same amount of wear on the equipment, but less time on the washup chore. Just another one of my successful ways to do more with less energy [my German ancestors would just say I'm lazy] Whistle

That is definitely efficient! A great idea, actually! Thanks for sharing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 45 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,456 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,717 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,467 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,876 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.