Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

With Toshiba FlashAir W-03 and up, FlashPAP is now obsolete
Saw this on Reddit; I can 't test/verify ATM (see my other recent thread).

With FlashAir revisions W-03 and upwards there is native support for WebDAV in read-only and read-write modes which means that FlashPAP is now superfluous.
In Linux I can mount the address to a local directory: sudo mount -t davfs http://my-ip-address my-directory/
Windows can map a WebDAV address to a drive
MacOS can mount WebDAV with Finder
Then you can just use Sleepyhead and point it to the mounted drive/location. It will automatically scan, and copy new files as needed, superseding the functionality provided by FlashPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: With Toshiba FlashAir W-03 and up, FlashPAP is now obsolete
Thank you. I will now reconsider the use of FlashAir.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
For anyone reading this thread that may be unaware; In the 2017-2019 time frame, in an attempt to avoid bankruptcy, Toshiba sold the division responsible for the FlashAir SD card to Bain Capital which renamed the company, KIOXIA Holdings Corporation.   The new owners have ceased manufacture of this card.  Any card that is still in the marketplace is from a dwindling inventory of pre-sale manufacture.   Because of this, prices for these remaining cards have skyrocketed to a point of being a financially non-feasible option for most people.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that info Crimson. I Googled  'SD card Wifi' and found many cards on AliExpress called 'EZ sh@re' which seem to be a similar device, intended for use in cameras. Do you know if these cards can be used in a similar way to the FlashAir?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No it won't work.  The EZ-share and Eye-Fi cards are limited to image type files, like .jpg, .png, and .mpeg.  The only other SD card that showed promise was the Transcend Wi-Fi card. The only problem is it has been out of production longer than the FlashAir. Depending on your computer skills, there is a discussion here, http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eplacement, about a viable replacement to the FlashAir.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread is an example of why this forum is so valuable.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 671 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,254 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,968 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,136 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 797 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 495 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.