Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po
With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po
With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one point in the night. Leaks were fine. Is this normal
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po
No. With nothing else to go on I'd guess you had a lot of apnea's that drove the pressure up to 20 with the nasal pillows that night.

A total guess on my part would be you were tucking your chin which cut off your airway. No amount of pressure can open the airway.

It's easier to tuck your chin with nasal pillows than a full face mask. A lot of people use a soft cervical collar to help prevent chin tucking.

There can be a small change in pressures between FFM and pillows but not 11cm's worth.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po
I suggest you download and install the free software SleepyHead found here: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./. This software provides a wealth of information about your daily treatment and forum members are used to working with it. The guide to using it is found here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead. With data we will be better able to tell what happened and help to optimize your therapy. Please post the results of your sleep study if you have them.  

You will then be able to post data from your machine for forum members to review.  It is important that it be organized as described here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Then you can post your data as described here: http://www.loganville.online/download/image.pdf
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the Apex XT works with sleepyhead.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure the Apex machine is not compatible with #SleepyHead. You should be able to use Easy Compliance software available from the "private files and links" forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
KThanks everyone. I think it might be chin tucking. I did have many event compared to 2.8 with mask. 

Is there a way to open data on an iPad?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not that I 'm currently aware of.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried again this afternoon. I think it is making my nasal passages close up some. I hardly ever have both sides clear and often both side are somewhat blocked.

Would that make me unable to use a pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
John, hard to say why the machine is increasing pressure, but generally, a nasal pillow requires less pressure to keep your airway open. A view of your Sleepyhead chart would tell us the whole story of why pressure is increasing. Meanwhile, you need to look at the information at hand and decide what pressure generally is sufficient to stop obstructive apnea, and set that as the maximum pressure. It's okay if that takes some trial and error. Start by using the 90 or 95% pressure from your machine sleep report. If OA or events significantly increase, then allow more maximum pressure. If you don't see an increase in events, an even lower pressure may be possible. It's blind titration, but it can be done with the information provided by your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I’ll try that. I’m thinking my nasal passages aren’t open enough.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,843 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 54 Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 95 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 993 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 275 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
  Pressure >20? DakotaNorth 3 98 03-22-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.