Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

With respironics is there a way to modify the data on the sd card
With respironics is there a way to modify the data on the sd card
I would like per exemple to erease any signs of pressure modification or cflex adjustment i make to avoid the DME telling my sleep doctor. It was a subtitle thretd but they warned me the doc already dropped a couple of patients of played around with those settings.

I'm a software developer so if there is anyone explaining it to me, i should be able to get it pretty fast

Thank you,

Ghandi.
RE: With respironics is there a way to modify the data on the sd card
You could reset the data on the machine and then reformat the SD card. Then, set the machine to the prescribed pressure. You will want to make sure that you have at least a month of data on the card before your next appointment. I doubt that anyone has worked on actually modifying the data.
by reseting de data on the machine i will have to reconfigure it exactly has it was rigth? It will get suspicious if i do this every six months too Smile.
I'd have to figure out a story to tell.

Thx for the idea.
(08-16-2014, 11:19 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I'm a software developer so if there is anyone explaining it to me, i should be able to get it pretty fast

The short answer is that it's possible to alter the data but it's a lot of work and generally not worth it.

If the doctor threatens to drop you, save him the trouble and walk out. The world is full of doctors and you don't need to use one that doesn't want you.

Quote:to avoid the DME telling my sleep doctor. It

I have a strong suspicion that the DME is making this story up to frighten you and keep you from doing things that they get paid to do and are just trying to "protect their turf".

I would definitely change DMEs and not worry about the doctor at all.

You have your diagnosis and machine. The doc can't "undiagnose you" or take your machine away.

Terry

Excellent answer Terry!
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
(08-16-2014, 03:47 PM)tcarmen Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 11:19 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I'm a software developer so if there is anyone explaining it to me, i should be able to get it pretty fast

The short answer is that it's possible to alter the data but it's a lot of work and generally not worth it.

If the doctor threatens to drop you, save him the trouble and walk out. The world is full of doctors and you don't need to use one that doesn't want you.

Quote:to avoid the DME telling my sleep doctor. It

I have a strong suspicion that the DME is making this story up to frighten you and keep you from doing things that they get paid to do and are just trying to "protect their turf".

I would definitely change DMEs and not worry about the doctor at all.

You have your diagnosis and machine. The doc can't "undiagnose you" or take your machine away.

Terry

I agree with you but in the public system the world is lacking doctors and we are lucky when we get one. I had to wait like a year to see the pneumologist. So here when we get the chance to get a doctor we try to keep him Smile

I think i'll try to find a DME willing to let my fiddle with the machine without alerting the doc. If that exists.
(08-17-2014, 10:23 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I agree with you but in the public system the world is lacking doctors and we are lucky when we get one. I had to wait like a year to see the pneumologist. So here when we get the chance to get a doctor we try to keep him Smile

I think i'll try to find a DME willing to let my fiddle with the machine without alerting the doc. If that exists.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the doctor actually cares if you change your settings, if it's making you sleep and breathe better. I believe the only place that cares is your DME.

Terry
(08-17-2014, 10:23 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I think i'll try to find a DME willing to let my fiddle with the machine without alerting the doc. If that exists.

I could not agree less. If your doc and/or your DME cannot grasp the concept of patient responsibility and teamwork in your health care then he/she is not a doctor you should be in the same room with.

You are, I believe, not "fiddling" with your settings. You are making mature, enlightened decisions to maximize the benefit of this therapy to your health.

Over a period of time I have maximized my settings to the point where my apnea is usually (not always) completely absent. Four days out of the last six I have had to tolerate that happy face you get when your ahi is zero. What's my doc going to say? "Gosh, you should have left everything alone so that your ahi was still two or three..." I don't think so, and if he did I would be out the door and on my way to the medical supervisors office.

Do you need the doctor for anything? As in for compliance records for insurance or job reasons?

If not, don't bother hiding it and just do what you need to do. If doing what you are doing is lowering your AHI, and if your doctor disagrees with that, then you don't need that doctor. Any doc can write the script for supplies if you need it. It does not have to be a sleep doc.

But if you need that doctor because of compliance reasons, not sure what you can do but present the data, discuss the better AHI, discuss how much better you feel, and go from there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(08-17-2014, 08:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Do you need the doctor for anything? As in for compliance records for insurance or job reasons?

If not, don't bother hiding it and just do what you need to do. If doing what you are doing is lowering your AHI, and if your doctor disagrees with that, then you don't need that doctor. Any doc can write the script for supplies if you need it. It does not have to be a sleep doc.

But if you need that doctor because of compliance reasons, not sure what you can do but present the data, discuss the better AHI, discuss how much better you feel, and go from there.

well i have a thymus hyperplasia that's been looked at by this pneumologist. Could be a thymoma. Serious sh*t. But for the insurance it's already good. Nothing for the job either.

He wants to do a follow up twice a year. I guess he wouldt renew the cpap rx if there wasnt a follow up. So i fear in 5 years i cant get another cpap. Do we need a new rx for future purchase? I dont know if we do in Canada. I know the follow up would be necessary for the insurance to pay for the machine. But if it's only that it's not so bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,420 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,297 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.