Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing masks
RE: Changing masks
(07-12-2013, 04:56 PM)RonWessels Wrote: As I tried to clarify in my subsequent post, I don't doubt that there are people that use nasal pillows at high pressures. However, people on this board are probably not necessarily a representative sample of all CPAP users. A YouTube poster who posts video reviews of CPAP masks and machines, and who implies that he is either a doctor or DME technician and therefore sees many many CPAP patients, claims that his experience is that nasal pillows at high pressures do not seem to be favoured by the majority of patients he sees.

I have no first-hand knowledge in the matter, other than I was able to acclimate to my nasal mask before I acclimated to some nasal pillows, so I ended up giving up trying since I had something that worked.

If you ask a question of 10 different DMEs, you'll get 10 different answers, of which 5 or so are based on self interest, not the patient's best interest.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 350 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 403 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.