Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Without humidifier
Without humidifier
I'm trying to learn to use my resmed 9 without the humidifier. Things started out okay but then I realized the pressure was running up after an hour or so and waking my up with too much air pressure
This is really odd since I have it set on auto to run in a range of 6-12.
Can anyone explain what I might be doing wrong

I tried by plugging directly into the machine and ditching the humidifier box or going through the humidifier box without the liquid insert container and had a similar effect

Very confused?

Harry

Resmed s9
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Without humidifier
Removing the humidifier half would have no effect on the pressure coming out.

It is possible that without the moist air, you feel it is a lot more than it is.

Unless you are saying you looked at the screen and saw the pressure was higher than 12.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Without humidifier
The S9 usually has a good reason for running the pressure up but it cannot exceed the maximum limit you impose on it.
If it is malfunctioning I am pretty sure you would have no doubts about it right now since the pressure fluctuations would be driving you nuts.
So...
I would get a copy of SleepyHead and start looking at leak numbers there.
I suspect that the pressure is going up to compensate for your mouth dropping open.
(it happens!)
There may be a full face mask in your future.

When in doubt check it out.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 324 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 789 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.