Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woke up Gasping
RE: Woke up Gasping
I do not think your post was too intense.  Not sure why you think so.

it is easy to say "stop hyperventilating" but much harder to actually accomplish that.

you have heard that to stop hyperventilating, you breathe into a bag.  right?  well, that is in essence what I suggested in my new settings in post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid209325 of 12 to 17 ps 0 to 5.

if you would take a 2 hour nap on those settings, you can see if there is an obvious difference.

I also noticed you are in the mountains, though 3000 feet is not a whole lot, it can affect/increase prominence of CAs.  Do you commute to sea level during the day on a regular basis?

Yours,

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello CB91710,

The only overnight oximeter test somewhere in April?? they let me have an oximeter overnight. Desaterated to 79% Blood oxygen. Have not been able to get a copy of the report. My primary care doctor has now request a copy of my records from the pulmonologist. This is the event that prompted me to join a sleep apnea forum. The forum (apneaboard.com) prompted me to get sleepyhead. The name put me off for a while, but this is really excellent software.

I purchased online yesterday a CMS-50D. So now I will be able to track oxygen level.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope it was the "CMS50D+" - that's the one that records overnight. It uses a USB cable to upload to your computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello pholynyk,

It is a CMS-50D Plus Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. they say, "You can wear the pulse oximeter during naps or all night long with or without your CPAP machine to get detailed oximetry readings. The built-in flash memory will record up to 24 hours of data. Just plug your oximeter into your computer with the included USB cable and you'll be able to create a report with the included software".

Thanks, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, that wasn't clear from your first post. I ended up with the cheaper DL, which is OK for spot checks only, but I got a CMS50F for overnight use.
Post Reply Post Reply
This particular model was on sale, $36. I thought any of these lower end recording oximeters would be $80 to $100. My primary care doctor is trying to get a medical grade oximeter thru ins. It is difficult with my severity of apnea to do the 90+ miles two days in a row to pick up and drop off the oximeter from the clinic. If I understand correctly, the CMS-50D Plus does not produce a medical record, the less expensive models not being medically approved.

A memory just came back, a four years back and farther I was with a pulmonary supply that would bring me an oximeter and leave it for two nights. then pick it up. that was medical grade.

Nonetheless I want to monitor nightly, even if somewhat less accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
the CMS-50D plus finger tip model will record all night, but squeezes too hard and easily snaps off. hope you find it works ok. I bought a CMS-50F plus as well, and it has a soft finger glove, but it was $138.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the cms-50f on ebay from china for $50
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  Gasping for air with FF mask Jskier 6 376 12-30-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,017 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP
  Woke up starving for air, but don't know why Phil487 21 1,292 10-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 686 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 702 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.