Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woke up about 50 times last night
Woke up about 50 times last night
Hello! Not sure why, but I am waking up a lot through the night. Had more apneas last night than I've had in two weeks. When I zoom in on them, looks like a lot of breathing variations before and after the apneas. Also, not sure if the tidal volume looks strange. Here is an overview.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Woke up about 50 times last night
Also, I do not know how to update my profile, but my current pressures are between 9-13.
Post Reply Post Reply
To edit your profile, select the UserCP (User Control Panel) at the top right of every page.  In the lower left of the control panel, select Your Profile > Edit Profile..

I have provided a link to this section, [HERE],
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
your chart looks good at the all night scale. your tidal volume is a bit low but that might be appropriate for you (search internet for a tidal volume calculator to check).

I see only one for-sure awakening indicated by a mask-off. if waking a lot is a one-off or not frequent, don't worry about it. if it happens often, find a way to note the times. mask off, stop flow, spike a fast large leak or inhale, use a voice activated audio recorder... then scrutinize the 2 minutes before the awakenings looking for anomalies and patterns that might help identify what the problem is. in addition, keep a journal noting things that might affect sleep like food, drink, meds, pain, stress, noise, etc.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I do not turn the machine off or take the mask off each time I wake up. The only time I do that is if I have to go to the bathroom. I just wake up and adjust my position and then go back to sleep. I will look up what my tidal volume should be. I think it may have gone down since upping the pressure to 9. Honestly, I don't really know what tidal volume is!
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, I understand you woke many times but there's only one place we can point to, hence the suggestion to figure out a way to note the times you woke so you can investigate them further.

there's a glossary in the wiki and a link in oscar under help.

tidal volume is: The amount of air that is inspired or expired in an ordinary breath. Usually expressed in milliliters per second (mL/sec). Used with the respiratory rate to calculate Minute Vent. (Minute Ventilation in L/min = (Tidal volume in mL/1000) * (Respiratory rate in breaths per minute) )
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 107 3 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,025 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP
  Woke up starving for air, but don't know why Phil487 21 1,312 10-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.