Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia
Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia
It was a decent night of sleep. I was dreaming, no hose tangle, no dogs wanting out. And then I woke up with a major cramp at 4:30am. "Darn," I thought, "I don't normally get ovulation cramps". I tried to go back to sleep, but the pain was quite sharp and piercing.

I thought of a teen I know who had just posed to FB and described menstrual cramps as a small dwarf sticking a knife in her guts. "Yep, that's it."

I got up to use the washroom. And then I started belching on the way. I woke the dogs, but thankfully not the husband. For the next 10 minutes, I continued this unladylike behavior. Then I remembered someone's post here about aerophagia.

So, yeah, I finally got it. And boy was it uncomfortable. On the plus side I got to see night turn into day. Nevermind, I'm going back to bed. Maybe I'll turn down my pressure by.2 or something tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia
I get both dry mouth, and aerophagia. I empathize. :hug:
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trailrider,
Before you re-adjust your pressure, you might raise your head a bit with an extra pillow, see if that will help you; another thing you can try is to raise the head of your bed some.
Good luck to you, I know that must have been uncomfortable.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Asides from knowing I can get sympathy here (*sharp look at dear husband), I wanted to mention this so others would be able to look it up later and realize "Aha, so that's what it was..."

It was interesting to me that it occurred in the deepest REM/dreams I've had in awhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you shared. Sorry you were feeling so rough. And now I have this mental image of you belching away... Smile And dwarves. With knives. Ouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't...eat...the...air!! But in all seriousness, I'm sorry you had that awful wake up call. Since, I'm sure your husband like most other husbands, and likes to occasionally "Dutch oven" you, I would have woke him with an earth shaking belch, but that's just me Smile hopefully, this is a one time thing for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Truetopath, I read your line in the voice of Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh when he was stuck in the hunny tree. "Don't (smack) feed (smack) the (smack) bear!" as he pounds in the sign.

"Don't (smack upside the head) eat (ditto) the (ditto) air!" with a look of exasperation.
I'll try to remember that!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 01:32 PM)trailrider Wrote: Truetopath, I head your line in the voice of Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh whenhe was stuck in the hunny tree. "Don't (smack) feed (smack) the (smack) bear!" as he pounds in the sign.

"Don't (smack upside the head) eat (ditto) the (ditto) air!" with a look of exasperation.
I'll try to remember that!

DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,652 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 525 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 409 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.