Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Opinion Poll
This poll is closed.
Probably not a realistic solution.
66.67%
4 66.67%
Hey, this might actually work for some.
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wondering if anyone has heard of this
Wondering if anyone has heard of this
Hi Ya'll, Cowboy here.

I definitely don't want to break any forum rules. It is my understanding that this product does not exist but is in development or something.

I am wondering if anything like this exists already. According to this webpage they haven't even started raising funding. It says they are going for public funding next month.

Anyway. I am wondering if this might revolutionize the cpap therapy field. If it worked for me, I would definitely want one for travel. I currently do not lug my equipment around when I go camping or vacation for a week.

Admins or Mods, please make any changes to my post, if needed to comply with rules. I apologize in advance if I screwed this up.

http://www.fundairing.com/journal/2015/4...pap-device

I did a search of forums for "Airing" and nothing came up, so maybe I am the first to find out about this. Enjoy!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wondering if anyone has heard of this
There are other threads on this item. Start with a guy wants funding and other people's information, but has no website.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scam. Seriously, stay away.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 03:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Scam. Seriously, stay away.

is the product a scam or the fundraising part?

Post Reply Post Reply
Both. The thing is fraud from top to bottom. Throws out a lot of terms. Look them up. Fraudsters count on people not investigating any claims. How is a powerful fan and battery going to fit inside a Superbowl Ring? No patents or patent pending. Strange for a prolific inventor. An Internal Medicine doctor with no distinguish awards on the medical advisory board. Why no Board Certified Sleep Medicine doctor? Again, why NO WEBSITE?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, they'll have to develop the perpetual motion air pump. This looks like a leftover April Fools joke.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 03:42 PM)2PAPs Wrote: Both. The thing is fraud from top to bottom. Throws out a lot of terms. Look them up. Fraudsters count on people not investigating any claims. How is a powerful fan and battery going to fit inside a Superbowl Ring? No patents or patent pending. Strange for a prolific inventor. An Internal Medicine doctor with no distinguish awards on the medical advisory board. Why no Board Certified Sleep Medicine doctor? Again, why NO WEBSITE?

well...shoot. Good to know. Fraud didn't even cross my mind because cpap seems like such a fringe medical therapy. When I started a few years back, I had never even heard of it and no one I knew had either. I use to call it the secret cult of the mouth breathers.

Now and then I see it pop up in popular media and shows, but i figured that was resmed or respironics paying for product placement.

My wife mentioned this to me last night and emailed it to me from work today.

Like the first time I saw the universal remote...I thought to myself, "This changes everything!"
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing I thought of when I saw it was "where does the battery go and do I want the weight of one on my nose?"
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
That claims are unrealistic and designed to appeal to all those people who failed at conventional CPAP and want a device that is so minimal, it is impossible. You know what they say, "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is?. A CPAP machine needs to have control circuitry, blowers and power to produce constantly varying pressure and flow. It also need to be approved as a medical device which would take years. This fundraiser is right up there with the "SOLAR ROADWAYS" fraud. It will make one or two people rich on a promise that cannot and never will be delivered.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
The technology is not a fraud. It already exists in the form of Piezoelectric Micro Pumps which currently have medical applications. Takasago, a Japanese company, is one manufacturer and it's devices are described as miniature, slim and lightweight diaphragm micro pumps which enable continuous micro fluid delivery. Self priming, low noise, low magnetic noise and low power consumption achieved.
I know nothing about Stephen Marsh who is pushing this application and saying air can be the fluid that the pump delivers.
Whether it can deliver a pressure over 10 cmH2O to address apnea - I don't know. I would have to research it and I don't feel motivatedSmile
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 537 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,140 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 578 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Has anyone heard of AerSleep? Sean Turvey 5 3,444 08-06-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: cronkster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.