Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woo Hoo...got my machine!!
RE: Woo Hoo...got my machine!!
Well my story did end well later. I did get the doc to get heated hose added. Uh then supposing he'd had his fill with stubborn patients like me, he felt the calling to retire. Rumors indicating I had much to do with it are probably not completely accurate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When my lady got her machine from the DME, there wasn't a heated hose included. I asked about getting one or just told the DME it wasn't going to be working, whether it did or not without the heated hose. The DME said that s. should try to make it work. I told the RT that we would call the doctor and get the orders changed and she said that they would take care of it when s. couldn't tolerate therapy without a hose.

Anyhow, i called the pulmonologist and they changed the order, no problem. For lack of better term, it was getting to a pissing contest. We won.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Jesse, FWIW, Medicare won't pay for a heated hose unless it's on the order. So, you can't really blame the DME on this. It has a separate code from the standard hose because it is a lot more expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2018, 08:52 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Congrats Wishing good success on treatment.

Heated hose was not initially in script for me by original doc. He stated he wanted me to prove I needed it by failing to like standard hose. Fractions of seconds away from a dope slap...

Coffee

Pretty clear hear that the doc doesn't understand what a heated hose does.   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2018, 10:43 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 08:52 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Congrats Wishing good success on treatment.

Heated hose was not initially in script for me by original doc. He stated he wanted me to prove I needed it by failing to like standard hose. Fractions of seconds away from a dope slap...

Coffee

Pretty clear hear that the doc doesn't understand what a heated hose does.   Oh-jeez

Probably close to an understatement, but you are correct IMO. Thankfully, the doc and I have both moved on to greener pastures. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2018, 10:42 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Jesse, FWIW, Medicare won't pay for a heated hose unless it's on the order.  So, you can't really blame the DME on this. It has a separate code from the standard hose because it is a lot more expensive.

That helps explain the S.O.P. whether or not the patient is on Medicare.

I feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one discouraged from asking for the heated hose. Clearly my sleep doctor feels the hose is important, but interestingly is not aware that she needs to be including it in all her orders.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hiya Vitamin J

How are you doing with your lovely new machine?

Well, we hope and hence the radio silence.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 01:54 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Hiya Vitamin J

How are you doing with your lovely new machine?

Well, we hope and hence the radio silence.

Hey...I'm doin good, thanks for asking.  I am very happy to have that machine....i'm not gonna have any issues with compliance.  I've been using the N20 and i've had some really good sleep since I got it.  I did adjust the pressure and since then my AHI's have been below 3....i've got a few 4's but i noticed those are the nights that I get less than 7 hrs of sleep. But, no more headaches, no getting up 3-4 times to pee.....no more falling asleep at my work desk or on the couch.  I feel good when I wake up, and actually started working out again.....I got motivated and bought a rowing machine.  Smile
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on your success. May the trend continue. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,011 7 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,850 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,339 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,785 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,278 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.