Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woot! Dreamstation 900 AutoSV Sleepyhead Hack
RE: Woot! Dreamstation 900 AutoSV Sleepyhead Hack. [Help Requested]
Sleeprider -- once you all have enough DS 900 AutoSV data for Mark, please let me know and we can move this thread back into the Software Support Forum.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(03-25-2018, 12:18 PM)JJJ Wrote: A bit off-topic but a few days ago I got a Dreamstation Auto from Kaiser Permanente. I quickly discovered that even the latest SleepyHead can't parse the data. Mark (JediMark) is aware and I have uploaded the first three days data to him. My impression is that the data from my machine (manufactured January 2018) is different from earlier Dreamstation Auto machines.

Well, ain't that good of Phillips-Respironics!?! Oh-jeez

Sure would be nice if they stayed with one data format.... Rolleyes

This is why I could never be a programmer.  This type of stuff would drive me insane....  er... more insane, I meant.   Loco
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I'm not sure that JJJ's new ASV is any different from the other Dreamstation ASVs out there; it certainly is different from the Dreamstation Auto - but that's true for the different ResMed series, too. Lots more data from the ASV machines.
(03-25-2018, 12:18 PM)JJJ Wrote: A bit off-topic but a few days ago I got a Dreamstation Auto from Kaiser Permanente. I quickly discovered that even the latest SleepyHead can't parse the data. Mark (JediMark) is aware and I have uploaded the first three days data to him. My impression is that the data from my machine (manufactured January 2018) is different from earlier Dreamstation Auto machines.

The Dreamstation BiPAP auto SV machine data was written with a more complex 32 bit hexadecimal code that makes finding the repeating patterns more difficult.  If you have a new Dreamstation Auto CPAP and Sleepyhead is not recognizing the settings, events or wave-forms, then Philips may be migrating all machines to the new higher bit data format.  If so, that is not good news.

JJJ, what is your machine model number and manufacture date?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

(03-25-2018, 02:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

The Dreamstation BiPAP auto SV machine data was written with a more complex 32 bit hexadecimal code that makes finding the repeating patterns more difficult.  If you have a new Dreamstation Auto CPAP and Sleepyhead is not recognizing the settings, events or wave-forms, then Philips may be migrating all machines to the new higher bit data format.  If so, that is not good news.

JJJ, what is your machine model number and manufacture date?

From the screens on the machine:

Model: Auto CPAP
Serial number: J21035076A8F2
Software: v 1.14
   032318-00025
VIC90 screen:
    960 0773 7011 5200
Performance screen:
    A 464 1335 6806 9960 3086
     B 434 8326 9606 9711 8499
     C 543 3834 1756 5138 6355
     D 520 7591 0126 3730 5680
     E 471 1893 7498 2593 5541

On the bottom it says REF DSX500H11C

That's all I could find. Smile Oh, I forgot, manufactured January, 2018.
I'm really disappointed that Philips seems to be implementing a change in the machine data output within the same model series. This is going to cost more work to keep Sleepyhead relevant to the Dreamstation series. I saw your posts on Discord, so it will be interesting to see what Mark concludes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

While I am new here, I may be able to help. I believe my unit is capable of providing what you need. I can help if it won't put at risk my compliance, given my rent-to-own status till 2019. I still have a Doctor and an insurance company to keep happy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 1,111 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 771 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container FHTC 3 375 11-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,759 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,564 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 539 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  P10 strap hack Cpapian 1 1,073 04-03-2022, 04:29 PM
Last Post: LCpaprookie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.