Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wording of prescription
RE: Wording of prescription
And my respiratory flow don't look nothin' like that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep telling us how you REALLY feel Paula. Lolabove
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,
you are the inspiration for a new wiki article.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2017, 09:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just keep telling us how you REALLY feel Paula. Lolabove

No one can ever accuse me of not sharing my opinion. Nor can they ever say I was not sarcastic.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What I perceive in the "for her" algorithm is: Quicker to respond; but, lower in magnitude of response.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
On my prescription, doc wrote Autoset for Her specifically. I'd go that way.

"length of need 99 months, (99 months =lifetime)" <--- you can try this but there are rumors that Medicare is no longer going to accept it. Don't know that this is true.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just took a look at my prescription.  Written on an actual prescription pad, the ones the doctor uses when he writes a prescription to get filled at a pharmacy.

All it says is this:
Auto Cpap, patient choice, 4-20, plus supplies as needed.
It also says "lifetime".

My DME now tells me there is no such thing as lifetime, and asks me for a new script yearly. Oh-jeez

I have no problem with online suppliers.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME has to make the script work with insurance. A copy of that will work for a lifetime with any of the online suppliers where you pay, but the when insured equipment and supplies are involved, it is my experience the DME asks for the Rx to be issued each year. That doesn't mean a new test, just a nuisance for your doctor's office. I keep copies of my records, and my primary care physician does the scripts for this. I even upgraded from APAP to BPAP last year.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 120 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 793 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,982 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 460 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prescription for BiPAP DanEm 11 1,190 12-25-2022, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,420 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.