Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA question
RE: RERA question
That’s the thing. Even when RERA and flow limit are high I feel good during the day. 
What about a fitness tracker at night to see about what’s happening with my heart rate and oxygen and blood pressure.
Thoughts
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard some good results in producing data. I'd give it a hit or miss success rate. I think it's like most other data items, after a while, when its data producing action usefulness has worn off, you've just added a new shiny bit to your collection. Regardless of that, it could be an expensive African safari trip to hunt rabbits if you don't have poor sleep as evidenced by that you felt good after that sleep session.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A fitness tracker does not capture information such as heart rate nor o2 saturation often enough to provide meaning full data. A SPo2 sensor can be useful to read oxygen saturation but not necessary. I think a higher max pressure may help but not for certain
Post Reply Post Reply
I really enjoyed Fred's analogy of the Aircurve Vauto to the "rabbit hole' or perhaps the Matrix red pill. Your event rate is exceptionally low and on this forum we advocate comfort before numbers. We are not about counting the beans or AHI, and if you're happy, I think that's good enough. A day may come where you look for something more, and we have an answer. You need bilevel pressure support, but for heaven sake, if you feel good, so do we.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose one could have an Adventure in Wonderland by exploring the Rabbit's hole.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 175 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 704 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,236 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 578 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Interrupted sleep: RERA and Flow limitation xaid 2 772 07-09-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Persistent OA, Hypoapneas and RERA events despite Pressure Increase chewielotuses 7 1,022 04-23-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  High mask pressure causing RERA? webweaver 2 1,068 12-15-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.