Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Worse centrals without auto, but fewer OA's. Where to go from here?
Surprised 
Worse centrals without auto, but fewer OA's. Where to go from here?
My bi-level on auto gives a better AHI (6.64 at min epap 8, max ipap 14, ps 2.0-4.0) than straight bi-level (8.84 at 14/10). The latter, however, shows fewer OA's and strange events. Any advice on where to go with settings from here? [I plan on discussing Bilevel ASV the next time I speak with my doctor]

Thanks in advance. This board rocks!

Auto mode:

[Image: t108Zwo.png]

Straight bi-level mode:

[Image: vWR7P6l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Worse centrals without auto, but fewer OA's. Where to go from here?
Based on your history and titration results, I did not anticipate perfection with auto bilevel, and reduced pressure support. I especially doubted the titration result from your study would prove useful (14/10), but it's good you tested it just to see. We know you failed CPAP, so eliminating pressure support will not give the results you seek. I think I would stay with the setting on auto bilevel at 14/8 with PS 2-5 until you can discuss things with the doctor. I think your machine was originally setup at 6/10 fixed bilevel, and that also had worse results, correct?

I'm fairly certain your doctor will not be surprised when you contact him. As we said before, you had to fail bilevel to move to ASV, and if I'm reading the tea-leaves correctly, your doctor is already on the same page. You will have some time before an appointment is scheduled to see how these current settings work out, but you should expect that things will not change much in resolving your complex apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 50 1,161 03-16-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 267 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 5 398 03-14-2024, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 212 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 8 267 02-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,954 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 314 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.