Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring and Chasing Pressure
RE: Snoring and Chasing Pressure
Congratulations on your good sleep and job well done with getting off of the Effexor. Hang in there you are making progress.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you are being careful getting off the effexor and are following your doctor's advice. Going off antidepressants too fast can really do you in. Back in the 1990's I was in the local psychiatric unit for two weeks after starting to get suicidal thoughts because I stopped Paxil too fast. Man, that was some bad trip. A few years later I tapered off properly and had no problems. So I do hope you are being careful.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am doing this slowly and under a doctor's supervision. I have come off them before, but this one is something else! Unfortunately it was also the best at treating my symptoms. I wish I knew if it was what fragmented my sleep so much or not. A study size of one makes it hard to isolate cause and effect.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,369 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,546 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,433 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 971 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 520 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 901 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.