Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Worst Night Ever
Worst Night Ever
I'm just into my second month of CPAP.  Saturday night my AHI was .44 and I thought maybe I've got this thing figured out. But Sunday night I was 16.38 AHI.  My worst night ever. I don't think I did anything different, same mask, same set up etc.   I've attached the OSCAR daily report from last night.  Does this sort of thing just happen from time to time? Or do I need to change something?    Thanks for any help.   Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Worst Night Ever
I recall a common note here that clustering of apneas can be caused by chin-tucking. Is that possible?

If yes, recommended solution is always a soft cervical collar.

There's a page on the wiki that covers this.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Slowriter mentioned, clustering of obstructive events is typically caused by the tucking of the chin. This type of apnea cannot be countered by pressure in the ranges that you machie can apply but the solution is simply to prevent the chin from tucking. A Soft cervical collar or an anti-snoring/sleep collar is all that is needed. Read the article in my signature for details.

Also read the organization link in my signature. While I appreciate the detail we do like to also see that entire night. Flow Limitations are important, sl the next time you post a chart include the charts called for in that link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping on your back with a high pillow?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I thought that since the pattern seemed to repeat, that more detail on one part would be more helpful. Will try to do better next time. 

Would the chin drop still be a problem when wearing a FFM?  I wear the Resmed f30 most nights.

Back, maybe. I try to start on my side but often wake up on my back. But if anything pillow is kind of low / small.
Post Reply Post Reply
chin drop will be a problem with or without a mask, that means any mask and the problem will remain, we can't monitor it without a mask, The airway is compromised with the chin tuck and no amount of pressure that we can apply will fix it.  It is 100% a head and neck position issue.  The fix is a soft cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn’t matter what mask you wear.

John

Edit added: This was posted in response to bruce46219.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all, this board is the best!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 450 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,802 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 573 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 895 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts LBTRS 14 1,615 06-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.