Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Worst night!
RE: Worst night!
Full beard and mustache here with FFM, yours was just not adjust correctly (there are tricks to do this)
I started with the Simplus and worked fine except for small leaks at the bridge of my nose
Switched to the Amara View and love it, though even trickier to get sealed, once done right it disappears
Never used a chin strap
Tried pillows and I just can't tolerate exhaling into pressure
I side sleep all the time 95%, at the edge of my regular pillow, no problems

Trust the machine, it does work and will make it better. Focus on getting used to it and trusting it to work.
Make sure all the comfort settings are tuned to what works best for you. you will hate the CPAP if you are uncomfortable
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't tell you what mask you need, but to say nasal pillows won't work for you, is a mistake. Many men and women here have worked through that as the skin gets toughened up. Some had to use lanolin for a period but the discomfort does pass in a few weeks.

Mine hurt when I touched them so I kept my hands off the nostrils after taking the pillows out. For a couple weeks it hurt when I put them in at night but once they seated I could fall asleep. The pain subsided and patience paid off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the really worst thing more me is just getting to sleep. I have anxiety and when I am able to quiet my mind, which is difficult, I can start to doze off and then I get that head rush thing and it takes about a minute for my heart and BP to quiet back down. Am I the only one here who's having this? Cant find any more info or folks who experiences it..

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing. I have a few masks left over from previous attempts at CPAP, and took out a Respironics Comfort Gel FFM I had. Gonna trade in the P10 for something else as Im within my 30days. See if it helps..

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a full beard , a long one.
Like you said lot o ugly hiding under all this hair lol.
I can get a good seal with simplus.
Or you might try the Eson nasal mask if pillows hurt you.
Loose fit great seal , quiet as the grave.
What i use now.

Id be careful blaming panic attacks.
If you see my posts in the osa and your heart thread youll see my story.
All of the stuff leading up to my heart attack was blamed on panic attacks. Which i wasnt having and tried to tell docs that for a decade.

Check the length of any apenad you might be having ad you fall asleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 08:41 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I have a full beard , a long one.
What i use now.

All of the stuff leading up to my heart attack was blamed on panic attacks. Which i wasnt having and tried to tell docs that for a decade.

Check the length of any apena you might be having ad you fall asleep.
Im very conscious of my ticker, my friend. I had three MI's in '94 then a triple bypass. Had two stents put in me 2 1/2 years ago and my other grafts were still patent. Not bad after 21 years. Got checked last week and Dr said he thinks my heart is still ok.

I cut off the beard 10 minutes ago. I looked better than I thought. The other half agreed LOL! So im on the sofa or reclined tonight with a Comfort Gel FFM tonight. We'll see what happens. At least with no hair the leaks should be EZ to control.. i hope.

What appears to happen to me, and this started just in the last 10 days or so, is seems im not conscious of it, I stop breathing for only a second and my SPo2 drops and my heart rate goes down and I get an adrenalin rush. I wake up and my BP is up for 5 seconds or so. I can feel it. Then Im back to where I was except scared and on edge. How to cure? Unstress I guess. I only use Ambien to get over the hump which I could up till yesterday. Don't want any antidepressants.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 09:17 PM)GTOdude Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:41 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I have a full beard , a long one.
What i use now.

Check the length of any apena you might be having ad you fall asleep.
Im very conscious of my ticker, my friend. I had three MI's in '94 then a triple bypass. Had two stents put in me 2 1/2 years ago and my other grafts were still patent. Not bad after 21 years. Got checked last week and Dr said he thinks my heart is still ok.

I cut off the beard 10 minutes ago. I looked better than I thought. The other half agreed LOL! So im on the sofa or reclined tonight with a Comfort Gel FFM tonight. We'll see what happens. At least with no hair the leaks should be EZ to control.. i hope.

What appears to happen to me, and this started just in the last 10 days or so, is seems im not conscious of it, I stop breathing for only a second and my SPo2 drops and my heart rate goes down and I get an adrenalin rush. I wake up and my BP is up for 5 seconds or so. I can feel it. Then Im back to where I was except scared and on edge. How to cure? Unstress I guess. I only use Ambien to get over the hump which I could up till yesterday. Don't want any antidepressants.

Mark
Mark did you look to see how long that apnea is lasting in seconds?
I ask because a month ago i swapped to a ffm for a night without raising my min pressure which i knew to do but forgot.
I awoke much like you are only ripping the mask off which id never done.
When i looked sleepyhead it said that apnea lasted a second ot two shy of 2 min.!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 452 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,803 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 574 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts LBTRS 14 1,622 06-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,110 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.