Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Would You Choose the New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement?
This poll is closed.
I’m in. No questions asked.
23.53%
8 23.53%
I’m in, but only with glowing reviews on ApneaBoard.
8.82%
3 8.82%
Maybe, but I’d have to research it first.
17.65%
6 17.65%
Not yet. I’ll wait 6 months for any potential hardware or firmware updates.
17.65%
6 17.65%
Not yet. I’ll wait for a year(+) for the bugs to get worked out.
20.59%
7 20.59%
No. I’m happy with an exact replacement of my old model. No need to switch.
8.82%
3 8.82%
This is not a choice I am allowed to make.
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll
Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll
Let's say your xPAP machine is in need of replacement in the near future. And the new AirSense/AirCurve 11 has only been available for one month. Would you take the plunge and go with the new AirSense/AirCurve 11 or opt for the tried and true AirSense/AirCurve 10?

Let's also assume for this poll that there is an AirSense/AirCurve 11 available in the same model variant that you currently use.

I don't know anything about the Philips Respironics DreamStation xPAP machines, but ditto this premise for the PR folks.

Also, I know there are a lot of unknown details that could influence your decision, so please share what those "things" might be. I'm curious as to what other "things" of our xPAP machines are most important to you.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll
Some of might say: only when supported by OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
After it is supported by OSCAR, actually a little before release, I do have access to the test versions and I will be trying to break OSCAR before you get your hands on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in the "after the warts are removed" category. Eat-popcorn
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I'll wait awhile for the bugs to be worked out, plus it would have to be supported by OSCAR.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As one of the people who has to make sure OSCAR supports it, I'm not sure I have a choice. Big Grin

Plus my AS10 is over 6 years old,
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm approaching 18000 hours with my machine and am over 5 years. I'm not concerned the 10 or 11 series is the replacement. The new model will not bring any new features that will improve my therapy over the Aircurve 10. I actually have a second unit now with about 6300 hours, so I can wait.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No matter what the product, I've learned it can be a frustrating thing to be an "early adopter".

I don't like paying to be a beta tester, so I usually let the bugs get worked out for a year first on stuff like this.

That said, ResMed has a relatively good track record on not putting out junk.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
If I had a choice, it would be waiting at least 6 months. Otherwise I'll be fine with a shiny new 10 of the correct type for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I rarely buy the latest thing. My No. 1 priority, especially with technology, is reliability, and that includes 'doing what it says it will do on the box'. I have been burned in the past when buying under-developed products, and most manufacturers these days are relying on forced obsolescence to drive sales, which again makes me reluctant to replace a technology device until it actually stops working. Even then, I will prefer the tried-and-trusted, "soon to be replaced" version over the newfangled one.

Other than PAP, my principal technology purchases lately have been smartphones, computers and cameras. In every case, I have opted for the well-established (and usually considerably cheaper) products over the latest iterations. The most challenging of those recently has been my photography gear, with manufacturers working really, REALLY hard to persuade photogs to ditch their tried-and-tested DSLRs for the new 'mirrorless' cameras.

In short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 224 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,861 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,419 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,038 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 259 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,234 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,967 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.