Poll: Would you Modify Your Equipment, even if it was DANGEROUS!
YES: I have/do
NO: Never
In The past but not now
Would consider
Dont Know
Dont Care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Would You Modify Your Equipment, If You Heard It Worked?
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

Sex: Male

RE: Would You Modify Your Equipment, If You Heard It Worked?
(03-16-2012 12:21 AM)Netskier Wrote:  There is something wrong with this poll, in that the subject says "If it worked", but the poll item itself says "Even if it were dangerous". This is misleading. I answered assuming the former. I wish there were a way to re-vote.

Anyhow, I would consider anything on its merits, but I would be extremely conservative if danger were involved.

I don't even want to disassemble my S9 Autoset to investigate the possibility of re-flashing the firmware because I could not bear having to sleep without it before I find some other way to eliminate sleep apnea, which I am working on.

It also depends on the circumstances. To modify the settings eg. clinician menu? Sure. To modify the circuitry, for example if switching a few wires could "unlock" something and change my Escape to an AutoSet, sure I'd give it a try. Cool But the question isn't very clear. I'd have to know how to undo the modification in case it doesn't work. I assume part of this may include resetting the hours used and pass it off as brand new.
02-22-2013 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [News] ASAA received large supply of donated equipment big_dave 0 114 11-28-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  How to disinfect used equipment Lanco 21 696 11-18-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Spy Car
  Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks? terp1984 14 4,727 10-27-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: outdoor
  [Equipment] New vs. Used Equipment T.Hud 10 515 10-15-2016 02:20 PM
Last Post: T.Hud
  Adjustments worked AHI 2,LEAK 0 jxyzobrien 2 319 10-03-2016 09:59 AM
Last Post: jxyzobrien
  New CPAP patient equipment expectations Grayhair 7 391 09-08-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  CPAP Buy out from equipment supplier help khafer 11 559 09-03-2016 01:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1