Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would an overnight video help to understand mask leakage?
Would an overnight video help to understand mask leakage?
I know that I move around during the night, or at least I think I do.

Sleepyhead data shows that big chunks of Large Leaks seem to happen when I'm asleep, because when I'm really awake I turn off the air and either adjust the mask or get up. These LLs happen when I'm otherwise in a long sleep time it seems.

So I'm wondering if I set up a camcorder and just let it run while I'm sleeping whether maybe I can correlate the leaks with moving around and/or body position.

Anyone else tried this? Was it helpful?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would an overnight video help to understand mask leakage?
Might work. No harm in trying it. Might learn if your mouth is open during those times.
Can you record sound too? You might pickup the sound of leaking air.

There is a cult on here that use the P10 mask. It might not be the right mask for you.

Kindest regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo,
Is that R_G bait?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 06:55 PM)AirSign Wrote: I know that I move around during the night, or at least I think I do.

Sleepyhead data shows that big chunks of Large Leaks seem to happen when I'm asleep, because when I'm really awake I turn off the air and either adjust the mask or get up. These LLs happen when I'm otherwise in a long sleep time it seems.

So I'm wondering if I set up a camcorder and just let it run while I'm sleeping whether maybe I can correlate the leaks with moving around and/or body position.

Anyone else tried this? Was it helpful?

Hi AirSign,
I have often though of recording my hubby, but haven't done it yet.
Let us know what you find out if you decide to do this. I'm always amazed by the things we do in our sleep that we seemingly have no knowledge of.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 07:19 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm always amazed by the things we do in our sleep that we seemingly have no knowledge of.

Yeah.... Like I'm always telling Mrs. R_G: "But dear, I have no idea how that happened....... I was asleep!"

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 07:28 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 07:19 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm always amazed by the things we do in our sleep that we seemingly have no knowledge of.

Yeah.... Like I'm always telling Mrs. R_G: "But dear, I have no idea how that happened....... I was asleep!"

I don't know what I would do without my daily funny!
Rolling laugh
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Modern digital security cameras have the ability to record in the dark, and activate only when they detect motion. It's an inexpensive option with other uses.

As a fellow "cult member", I'm sure the Airfit P10 will be fine. Remember, it fits looser with the straps spread apart, and tighter when they are together.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the P10 mostly because it doesn't blow a lot of air which annoys my eyes. But I still get leaks, even with a wide firm chin strap.

Also the most interesting leaks seem to correlate with increased respiration rate, so maybe it's REM, but filming it would help to show that. If it's REM, I wouldn't be moving, correct? Because my muscles would be paralyzed during REM dreaming?

But if I'm moving around during those time, I should consider mask leakage. Have to dig out a memory card -- tripod is nearby. Not worried about light -- probably there's enough ambient light from my Himalayan salt lamp on the windowsill.

Post Reply Post Reply
Most digital cameras see near infrared. Just grab your digital camera and look at one of your IR remote controls.
The camera can see the IR light that the human eye cannot.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you guys trying to say that there is a P10 cult around here some place? I never would have thought that. I thought that was just background noise I was hearing. SuperSleeper must be right. We need an intervention. Pollcat can lead it and kill two birds with one stone.
Huhsign
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 104 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 112 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 143 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 123 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 326 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 301 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,077 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.