Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would like suggestions after two weeks of APAP
Would like suggestions after two weeks of APAP
I've now been on CPAP therapy for two weeks and would appreciate suggestions on how to adjust my settings.

The lab study recommended 13 cm H20 and C-Flex 3.  My doctor changed the order to an APAP machine (which is what I wanted) and I got an Autoset for Her, which was set at 4-20 and EPR 3.

I changed the pressure range to 6-15 and then started increasing pressure 1 cm at a time.  At 10 cm, the APAP was no longer increasing the pressure above the minimum all  the time.  The chart below is from last night at 11 cm H2O.  I turn over several times during the night, and the peak pressure is when I am on my back (confirmed with an overnight video).  There are always a lot of flow limits.  I am using EPR 3 (which I know is very different than C-Flex).

I'd appreciate suggestions on further changes I should make.

[attachment=6971]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would like suggestions after two weeks of APAP
I don't think you need to make any changes. It looks like you nailed it. Good Job!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me.

You could change the EPR setting from 3 to 2. You’ll still receive relief when exhaling, and it may help with the few Clear Airway events. This isn’t major, so it’s up to you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

Should I be at all concerned about the Flow Limits?
Post Reply Post Reply
It would probably help to keep the EPR at 3cm to keep the flow limitations down. You've already capped the maximum pressure so that's about all you can do with a CPAP machine.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 07:17 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: It would probably help to keep the EPR at 3cm to keep the flow limitations down. You've already capped the maximum pressure so that's about all you can do with a CPAP machine.

Thanks.

Flow limit statistics have been about the same since min pressure was 7 cm.  Typically flow limit 95% is 0.09, med is 0.00, and max from .36 to .46.

Why is it that the flow limit measures would be relatively unchanged with pressure changes?  And what flow limit values would be a concern?
Post Reply Post Reply
BlueDragon75,
Your AHI is great, and your Flow Limitation numbers really aren't bad.  For 95% of the night and below, you FL was .09.  There were a couple spikes in FL which can raise pressure and cause sleep disruption, but as long as you feel rested, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If you had FL numbers reaching past .50 and up on the statistics, and it disrupted sleep, it could be something to look at. But for some, raising the minimum pressure and all the tweaking of numbers don't make much of a difference in Flow Limitations.

It seems to me you have a pretty good handle on adjusting your pressures. like
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 318 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 553 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 424 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.