Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would love some feedback on OSCAR data
Would love some feedback on OSCAR data

Hi there,

I had an 'at home' sleep study done in July and my physician advised I was having ~30 AHI, and gave me a trial of a SleepStation CPAP machine.

I would like to know if it is working? The physician says the numbers are improving but I don't really feel any benefit so far after approx 35 days of use.

Screenshot attached

Thankyou
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would love some feedback on OSCAR data
It looks like you need to raise the minimum pressure as the Dreamstation is very slow to respond to pressure needs I would try raising your minimum pressure to 9 and see how that goes as it looks like your still seeing snores when your pressure is low.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree the min pressure way to low. When you post again leave off the calendar there are settings we can’t see lower on the settings. You take off the calendar by clicking the small triangle on the left of the calendar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips machines need a higher pressure than others to properly do their job.
Your 4-20 range tells me you doc thru the spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks, it doesn't.
I'll take the 20 as a max, at least for now and I'd suggest 9.5-20 for now.
In this case I like the little bit higher than the 9 Dave suggested but either will work. You need to make a jump to close to something that will be close to what you will need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou everyone for the replies. My trial period has ended so I will be purchasing a device and will use the information provided here to see the difference it makes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2020, 02:55 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I agree the min pressure way to low. When you post again leave off the calendar there are settings we can’t see lower on the settings. You take off the calendar by clicking the small triangle on the left of the calendar.

Ah sorry about that, after reading some of the other topics in the forum I learned I stuffed up a few times already Thanks

Please see attached again, i've included the report from my sleep study but don't have access to the raw data from it.

On another note, I spoke to my insurance today who will cover $500 off the cost of the machine (Australia), however this machine is approx $1500AUD (1100USD) with the masks around $300AUD (220USD), I tried to order from the US which was significantly cheaper even factoring in shipping but it seems the recommended companies both have exclusivity deals and won't ship to me, need to buy locally. Does anyone have information about getting a good deal in Australia? Being unemployed during a pandemic means this is an extraordinary cost.

Kind Regards,

Lee

Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site sells Used and new Machines and they do send them anywhere.  I bought a used machine for $900 less that their new machine.  It only had 1 month use and has been an excellent machine.  They give a warranty also.  I can't say enough good things about the company, at least take a look at them - they will save you a lot and they are a great company.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks staceyburke

For those from overseas (not in the USA) who have ordered from them, how do we manage the different power supplies and voltages. Do they supply power brick and plug or do we source those locally?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure, I do know several people here have purchased and had them sent overseas.  You can call, I talked to them quite awhile and they have great service, I needed a setup that allowed O2 and their heated hose that came with it did not allow it.  They just said - Thank you for telling us, we will send you the correct hose for O2 supply.  It did not cost more and they were very nice about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every AC power supply for Resmed's, that I have, are rated for 100-240 VAC / 50-60 Hz.  That should cover most places on the globe.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 88 1 hour ago
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,297 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 259 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 112 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.