Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would love some feedback on OSCAR data
RE: Would love some feedback on OSCAR data
I think I spoke too soon, might be that my test run was being imported but not my full sleep, or that the time and date settings are wrong on the machine, i'll take a look later.

Anyway here is the screenshot from last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found out the issue was due to my shocking sleep schedule, not the SD card nor OSCAR itself.

If I sleep past 12pm the machine creates a new log at 12pm and that seems to be the one it chooses to upload, disregarding the previous night.

Anyway, here's another night, still not feeling very great even with the higher pressure, is there anything more I can do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your number that night are no to bad. But look at the row OA the obstruction is clustered together and that shows positional apnea. In other words you cut your own air off probably by tucking your chin down to your chest. You can NOT fix that by changing any settings.

You have to stop doing what ever you did to block your breathing. Take a look at my signature “collar” and read about it. That may be the best way to fix the problem.

Check tonight’s charts and see if you have more clusters. If you do get a collar. If not maybe you just got into a bad position that night.

Last is you large leak... You only had one but it affected your night - without those 2 events - positional A and Leak you had a great night.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Stacey, the apnea cluster at 07:45 is positional from chin tucking. It is something we have seen in your results, but I don't think we need to jump to a collar it does not become common. Your median pressure is just over 11.0, so we know we probably need to increase the minimum pressure from 9.0 to 11.0. Your last two sessions both show improvement in event rate, significantly so on 9/22. Flow limitation is very low with 95% between 0.02 and 0.05. Snoring is only prevalent during the ramp you have set, and appears to go away once you reach 9.0 cm pressure. I'd like you to turn off ramp or if it is needed, increase the minimum ramp pressure and use the auto-ramp feature that detects sleep. This will shorten the time in ramp from the current 45 minutes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I don't believe it Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
ATTABOY!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

Posting an update and looking to ask some more questions.
Unfortunately the 0.00 day was a once off, recently i've been fluctuating from 2-7 AHI.

My concerns are:
Cervical collar - I bought one and tried it for a few nights, didn't seem to make any difference as it either was too tight or I could tuck my chin within it with ease, not sure if the material was too thick or what but that was a failure of an experiment.
Mask - The P10 i'm using it tickling my nose while I sleep causing me to wake up and scratch, then I fall asleep before I even put it back on leading to hours of no use, eventually waking up again (usually due to feeling air on my neck or forehead) to put it back on and the cycle repeats, I read on here that it may be caused by the heat of the humidifier so I turned that off to no effect.
I've been using the size L pillows, and sometimes the little flap of silicone within my nostrils flaps around while breathing which also makes me wake up and readjust. My question is are there compatible alternative nasal pillows that I can try without having to fork out for another mask that may or may not do the same thing? I loved the N20 I used in the hired machine aside from it absolutely shredding my septum, leading to a lot of pain and redness, likely not a great long term solution.

I've attached the 2 most recent days OSCAR reports to see if the chin tucking is still a problem and a previous day to show the scratching problem I mentioned above.

Regards,
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee, have you considered using EPR? It would tame some of the flow limits that are causing abrupt pressure fluctuations. You may want to read some of the reviews on soft cervical collars in the review section of the forum. They are linked from the soft cervical collar wiki.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm happy to use anything that works, I didn't know it existed until you mentioned it (sorry if it was mentioned previously in the thread and I missed it).
EPR - On
EPR type - Full time
EPR level - 1

These are the defaults when I changed the setting to 'on', should these be changed or fine as is?
I'll do some more reading in the mean time to find a better suited cervical collar than the one I tried.

Thanks for your response.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can start with 1 and see how you respond. EPR settings correspond to pressure reductions of 1, 2 or 3 cm-H2O during exhale. Higher settings can increase comfort and reduce flow limitation, but may increase CA in sensitive individuals. Don't hesitate to increase or decrease settings based on that information.

Read this wiki on Flow Limitations http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...imitations Flow limitations are a major factor in the Autoset algorithm and are one reason you have pressure increases, the other is an obstructive event. Reducing FL evens out the pressure and can actually treat hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 54 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 69 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.