Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would love some feedback on OSCAR data
RE: Would love some feedback on OSCAR data
I have tried a few nights of "EPR - 1" along with a much better fitting soft cervical collar, is it making any difference?

Post Reply Post Reply
EPR comparison

Post Reply Post Reply
The EPR = 1 looks better. Why are you not using more EPR?
Post Reply Post Reply
On the night of the 31st around 04:40am there is about a 22 or 23 minute period where you racked up several Large Leaks, maybe 9ea Unclassified Apnea and an Obstructive Apnea, did you possibly get up for a break or were you fighting with your mask?

I used to let the machine run when I got up, even though my intentions were to go right back to bed, sometimes it ran longer. That torsion I put in the frame kept the air from free flow, but racked up a lot of events.

I try to turn off the machine before I remove the mask and then turn it on after I have the mask back on and strapped down. It saves some unwarranted events that distract from my desired AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2020, 12:30 PM)bonjour Wrote: The EPR = 1 looks better.  Why are you not using more EPR?

Just used what was default, tried epr 2 last night and will try 3 tonight. I looked at the flow limitations wiki page and I don't see much change in the shape, is that what i'm looking for?
EPR 2 attached

Edit: I just realised in having re-read the thread that SleepRider already told me to use EPR 3 some time ago, my apologies. I'm also going to up the min pressure to 11.0 as was also recommended earlier in the thread which I somehow also missed Sad

(11-01-2020, 03:57 PM)LazyBones Wrote: On the night of the 31st  around 04:40am there is about a 22 or 23 minute period where you racked up several Large Leaks, maybe 9ea Unclassified Apnea and an Obstructive Apnea, did you possibly get up for a break or were you fighting with your mask?

I don't remember even waking up, but it was likely a 'woke up to scratch nose and fell back asleep before putting mask back on', one of the unforeseen positives of PAP for me is that I haven't woken up to go to the loo or been inconvenienced by a mask once since beginning therapy some months ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think those earlier recommendations are still valid to help reduce flow limitations, fluctuating pressure and further reduce events. This is an improvement. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: I think i'm sleeping a bit better while asleep, but seem to be waking up more often. Will need to sew some velcro onto the collar as its just that bit too short to be comfortable while also staying stuck.

Any thoughts on the previous days, anything I should be changing?

Regards,

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply

Update: Doesn't seem to be much improvement from what I can see, or feel Sad I'm needing more pressure, flow limitations have gone up, this is with the cervical collar being normalised now.

I guess i'm at my limit
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the min to 13 and see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Any difference you can see? Doesn't feel or look like a difference to me

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 49 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.