Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

Sex: Male

RE: Wow! Just wow!
(04-24-2016 10:47 PM)0rangebear Wrote:  like Glad to hear your enjoying life growing roses and saving birds.

I like helping animals when I can. I feel we owe it to them. My wife sometimes get aggravated at me when I go into what she calls "turtle patrol". If I see a turtle crossing the road I have to stop and help it across. After all, our road is in it's habitat.

(04-25-2016 07:56 AM)0rangebear Wrote:  I had some tree swallows do the same a couple of year a go, but I just let them be. And I enjoyed watching them. I also cleaned the area around the nest with the hose once a week. However, when they abounded the nest, I took a power washer to it, and I repainted the area. Maybe that's why they didn't come back Eat-popcorn

You know in some parts of the world the swallows nest is delicacy?Thinking-about

I am really off topic now; Coffee

Oh, well. It won't hurt anything to be off topic on this post.

I have read about the swallows nest being a delicacy. It actually sounds interesting. I'm usually willing to try new things. Especially food! Laugh-a-lot

We have vinyl siding so the mess is pretty easy to clean up.

It we have had swallows nesting on our porch for so many years it makes me wonder if they are the descendants of the original pair or are the unrelated pairs that just say the potential of the nesting site. I prefer to think it is the descendants of the original pair.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
04-25-2016 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

You know I had pet tortoise when I was a kid My grand pa picked it up crossing the road in Nevada on his way to see the grand canyon. It could take him all day to walk across our yard. but I had a lot of fun with him he love dandelions.

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
04-26-2016 06:18 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro

A friend's daughter had a pet tortoise when she was around 5. She played with constantly until one day she decided to kiss it on the mouth. Big mistake. It latched onto her upper lip and wouldn't let go. Oh-jeez We thought we were going to have to take her to the emergency room for a while before it turned loose. That ended her infatuation with tortoises. Big Grin

My pets have been more traditional, either cats or dogs. The funny thing is, when I quit smoking I found out I am extremely allergic to cats. We've stuck to dogs since then.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
04-26-2016 07:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

We have these:

[Image: IMG-20150106-00081.jpg]

Gopher tortoise that are protected by law.

People, stupid people, have been known to stop dead in the road (55 mph highway) and 'help' the darn thing across the road. I nearly killed one of these idiots. They definitely would have earned the Darwin award.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 08:30 PM by AlanE.)
04-26-2016 08:27 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

(04-26-2016 08:27 PM)AlanE Wrote:  Gopher tortoise that are protected by law.

People, stupid people, have been known to stop dead in the road (55 mph highway) and 'help' the darn thing across the road. I nearly killed one of these idiots. They definitely would have earned the Darwin award.

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

I've seen what you described happen with other animals as well as turtles. People just don't always think things through. I carry a couple of reto-reflective safety vests in all of our vehicles for roadside emergencies. Pull over to the side of the road with warning flashers on, put on a vest and wait until there is no traffic. I've worked almost twenty years in road construction and seen too many close calls to take chances with my safety or anyone else's. I tend to be a belt and suspenders type anyway.

04-27-2016 06:19 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)

Other Comments: Ramp off

I think my Grandpa was one of these people, roads were less traveled in those days. This was 50 years ago. Nevertheless the Tortoise I had was a Mojave desert tortoise and they are also endangered. I named mine peppi, and he was fun when I was a kid, but as I have gotten older I have learned to appreciate the animals in there native environments.

(04-26-2016 08:27 PM)AlanE Wrote:  People, stupid people, have been known to stop dead in the road (55 mph highway) and 'help' the darn thing across the road. I nearly killed one of these idiots. They definitely would have earned the Darwin award.

I often travel to Florida on business and have seen these tortoises many times. There are hotels near the Cape that provide habitats for these animals and for sea turtles so you can watch them form the deck while having dinner.

[/quote]

Peppi did get a hold of my finger once, it took awhile to get him to let go. Much pain. I do still have the finger

see pic bloew of a Mojave Tortoise like Peppi: they love yellow flowers.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016 07:22 AM by 0rangebear.)
04-27-2016 07:19 AM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

That has some nice colors.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
04-27-2016 09:42 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

That's a good looking turtle.

04-27-2016 11:52 AM
JudgeMental Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics DreamStation Auto-CPAP
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara View
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 11-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I'm having pretty good luck with my wifes roses that she keeps planting..They keep dying and I don't have to trim them. Too-funny

Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
04-29-2016 11:44 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

(04-29-2016 11:44 AM)JudgeMental Wrote:  I'm having pretty good luck with my wifes roses that she keeps planting..They keep dying and I don't have to trim them. Too-funny

Laugh-a-lot

I wouldn't tell her about Knock Out roses then, 'cause if you plant and care for them according to instructions they are very easy to grow. Bigwink

04-29-2016 03:25 PM