Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy?
Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy?
Looking for something like CMS50F which seems to work with OSCAR but seems like its little outdated with some software issues on amazon reviews. Is there any other dependable alternatives like this or anything advanced?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy?
With you being in the U.S., look at the Wellue SleepU, O2Ring, or the Checkme O2 Max.  Their price is a little higher than the CMS-50 series but seem to last longer and are more stable.  They also interface with OSCAR.

If you decide to purchase one, search for discount coupons.  The Wellue(Viatom) group seem to always offer an active discount coupon somewhere.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would second what Red says. I use the Wellue/Viatom Visual Oxy (which is very similar to the CheckMe O2 or SleepU). It's definitely more expensive but the ring sensor is SO much more comfortable and reliable than the duckbill or crocodile style finger sensors. It LOOKS like it would snap easily but mine has lasted 2 years so far, and more often than not, used more than once a day. The software works on Windows and Macs, plus there's an app for Android and iPhone. 

The newer CMS50F comes with a link to the correct version of the software and drivers, but you never know for sure which version of the product you will get, depending on the seller and the other products have had issues with the screen fading to the point of being barely useable after a while of use.

There's a longer post where I did a comparison between the CMS50F and the Viatom products: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Comparison

Hopefully, that will give you some idea about which is going to be a better option for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2021, 09:12 AM)Ratchick Wrote: The newer CMS50F comes with a link to the correct version of the software and drivers, but you never know for sure which version of the product you will get, depending on the seller and the other products have had issues with the screen fading to the point of being barely useable after a while of use.

I just got the CMS55F around Christmas and there was no indication of a software/driver update. 
Do you know where I might find this? Thanks.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I have not seen a 55F, are you sure it is not a 50F?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2021, 12:33 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I have not seen a 55F, are you sure it is not a 50F?

Sorry, yes it's the 50F. Spellcheck couldn't help me with that one.  Bigwink

Post Reply Post Reply
I can’t put the link up but google “SpO2 Assistant 3.0” and you should find it. 
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2021, 01:45 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I can’t put the link up but google “SpO2 Assistant 3.0” and you should find it. 

Well, this is interesting. My current version of this app is 3.1.01 according to the app. When I try to download the 3.0 version, I'm directed to version 2.4 as the latest download which is from May 2014.

In either case, I think the issue lies with the device itself not being able to sync with OSCAR. OSCAR's Oximetry Wizard does not detect my 50F oximeter. 

The oximeter works well and records the O2 levels during sleep, but getting it to play nice with OSCAR is the problem for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have the older CMS-50 versions, direct import into OSCAR is not available at this time. Importing the CMS-50's SpO2 file still works for all versions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe once you have it downloaded to spO2 you can get it into Oscar from that program.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,805 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.