Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy?
RE: Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy?
What version of software and hardware are on your watch? There should be an option in the menu that shows this.

If it's 2.x I can send you the URL from my version for drivers and software
If it's something different, you may be able to upload straight from the device to OSCAR

Either way, you probably need drivers (if they didn't come with the device and there's no URL/QR code). It may be that you got one of the last of the older batch, which does allow you to upload directly to OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 11:32 AM)Ratchick Wrote: What version of software and hardware are on your watch? 

It shows:

Hardware V. 2.0.0
Software V 2.0.5

I got it in Dec. 2020 from Amazon. Not sure what vendor.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that's the new version. There's definitely not a sticker inside the lid of the box with a URL and QR code?

If not, I'll DM the details from mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll have to look for the original box it came in. And get back to you.
Thanks.  Thanks
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk clued me in as to the software download:

Quote:Torontek has a B400 pulseOx which is the same as the Contec CMS50F. They give a software link as

http://torontek.com/downloads/Smart%20De...0Setup.exe

and note that it is Windows only.

And then Ratchick pointed out that there is a label inside the box... When I looked, the software download was right there LOL!

http://www.dlsoftw.com and the index code is 01GS4016

And then I got an email response to my chat request on the contechealth web site:

Quote:Dear friend,nice day!

Thank you very much for choosing our product!

Here is the website and index code of the software,please download it online.

http://www.dlsoftw.com
Index code:01XVF019

Hope it helps!
Kind regards!

CONTEC (Shopify) <mailer@shopify.com> 于2021年5月18日周二 上午5:11写道:

I was feeling pretty sheepish for not noticing!

Ratchick also helped out with a basic explanation:

(05-18-2021, 10:30 AM)Ratchick Wrote: Look on the inside of the box it came in. There should be a sticker with a link/QR code and "password" to download the right version.

Once you have that downloaded, you shouldn't need to change anything (except maybe the time and date - though you can correct that in OSCAR too).

By default, it should be set to autostart recording as soon as you turn it on. If that's the case, all you need to do is put it on and turn it on at the same time as you start your CPAP.

Then in the morning, turn off your CPAP and take the pulse ox off your finger, long press the button to get into the menu. If you want to turn it off for now, you can use short presses to get down to the option to power off and then long press until it switches off. I'd also recommend turning off the alarms because I can't stand it beeping at me endlessly if you turn it on with the finger out warning, but you may find that useful at night because I find it slips off a lot for me, even with a little tape to hold it steady.

When it comes to getting the data, you need to make sure you have installed the software and drivers - the install package that is linked in the box. I get around the issues with save location by simply running it as administrator (if you can do that) on a windows machine. You then simply plug the USB cable from your CMS50F to the USB on your computer, turn on the watch. It should chirp (your PC) to let you know it found the device.

In the software there are two main icons. Click on the left one, that looks like a serial port (not the folder one) and it should bring up a dialog box. Make sure USB is ticked at the top, and that auto is selected. Then down the bottom, if it hasn't already found the device, press refresh and that should find your device. Select your device in the list by clicking on it, then make sure the box at the bottom that says "View Device Stored Data Only" is checked, then click on connect. It should download the data from your watch and prompt you to save it. Go ahead and do so, and then, when you are done, that's it.

Leave your oximeter plugged into the USB while you're doing your thing to charge, then go to OSCAR and import the .spo2 file through the oximeter import dialog. Hopefully, in the future, we will be able to import directly from the pulse ox directly in OSCAR but because of the hardware and software changes, we have to do it this way for now.

The software is pretty strange and cranky -- it's the typical sort of software that hardware engineers write. Made even more um *charming* by the fractured English of the menu options and explanatory text.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm yeah it looks like the "code" they use changes - it may be just dependent on the exact production time, or it may be to limit multiple downloads for some reason, or it may be to ensure correct drivers and so on... But hopefully if you don't find the box, one of these options will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2021, 10:26 AM)Ratchick Wrote: Hmm yeah it looks like the "code" they use changes - it may be just dependent on the exact production time, or it may be to limit multiple downloads for some reason, or it may be to ensure correct drivers and so on... But hopefully if you don't find the box, one of these options will work.

Actually all 3 places download

Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1 Setup.exe

Like I said, I was pretty sheepish when I realized it was inside the box lid :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Oddly enough, the two versions just mentioned have different lengths. Just what the differences are will have to await transferring them to my Windows computer.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aye, I'm sure they include the same program - though potentially different drivers included with the install package, as it's not JUST the software that you install. But yeah, I'm unsure why they necessarily use the three different codes if the contents (including driver versions) are exactly the same - unless it's purely about tracking batches etc. 

As long as it's working correctly, that's the main thing.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,830 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 91 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 809 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.