Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Write Protect SD Card???
RE: Write Protect SD Card???
(01-23-2018, 09:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The only machine affected by this warning is the Resmed S9.  All newer Resmed Airsense/Aircurve 10s and the Philips Respironics machines are not affected by system files written to the SD card.  Unless you own a S9 generation machine, ignore the lock SD card warning.  The risk of putting it back into the CPAP locked is higher.  You may safely ignore the lock SD card warning.

I can confirm what he said, regarding the Philips Respironics DreamStation anyway. At first I was reluctant to try because of Sleepyhead's dire warning, but in fact it makes no difference at all on these machines and only, as mentioned, increases the risk of reinserting your SD card into your CPAP locked because you forgot it in that position. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure unit is cm of water. Your range is very low and narrow. Most feel starved for air at a starting pressure of 4. It will be interesting to see your SleepyHead data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The titration tech did say my constant loud snoring was easily corrected w/low pressures.  My AHI was not bad, 7.1, but I was only getting abt 4.1 hrs of non REM sleep/nite.  Nocturia was abt every hr.  I'm still waiting for things to settle  down; if there is a problem I will learn how to get the data  online.  Snoring completely stopped; nocturia down from 6-8/nite to 2-4.  Allergies seem to play a significant role in good nites vs bad.  For 7 nites only, pretty happy so far.  Better than I could have hoped for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on quickly adapting to therapy. Like others have mentioned I would strongly encourage you to look at your data and post some of it on the main forum page. Reasons? First, an AHI over 7 is still above normal. Normal is < or = to 5. Second, as your body recovers your therapy needs change and leaks can develop. For future analysis it would be important for you to see what your early baseline data looks like so you have it for comparison later. Your early results are promising but with the help and support available here you can likely do even better (on AHI) and feel even better (the ultimate barometer of your therapy). Welcome to the Board.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S9; Invalid SD Card after importing (SD write protected) GreenScrew 8 1,038 03-20-2023, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is it necessary to turn on the write protect switch on the sd card before importing? Determinism 1 625 06-29-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,332 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleephead Tries to write to My SD card cmccarter 6 2,081 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Squirrel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.