Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Write Protection (SleepyHead)
I've just downloaded the SleepyHead software. I'm ignorant about SD cards and write protection (although less than I was earlier today). The instructions caution about write protecting (locking) the SD card, and I think I can now do that. Does the card have to be unlocked before putting it back in the CPAP?
Thanks John
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, unlock it before reinstalling it in your CPAP machine.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP needs to be able to write to the SD card, so yes it needs to be unlocked. Smile Probably it will show an alert if the SD Card is not writeable...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-28-2015, 03:32 PM)DariaVader Wrote: CPAP needs to be able to write to the SD card, so yes it needs to be unlocked. Smile Probably it will show an alert if the SD Card is not writeable...

Mine sure does.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2015, 03:11 PM)Ross Wrote: I've just downloaded the SleepyHead software. I'm ignorant about SD cards and write protection (although less than I was earlier today). The instructions caution about write protecting (locking) the SD card, and I think I can now do that. Does the card have to be unlocked before putting it back in the CPAP?
Thanks John

Locking the SD card holds true if you're running Win8.1 and using a S9, or you're using ResScan software. Your AS10 won't be bothered by the additional files that Win8.1 can write to the card. SleepyHead doesn't write anything back to the card. However, ResScan can rewrite your configuration file.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleephead Tries to write to My SD card cmccarter 6 820 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Squirrel
  Write Protect SD Card Russatrice 7 545 11-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing