Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

XPAP Tips Thread
XPAP Tips Thread
I have a few tips that I use and would like to share. I am hoping others will share their tips and make this a thread of helpful ideas and techniques all in one spot.

My Tips:

- Use Lanolin to prevent irritated and raw nostrils. Get 100% pure Lanolin, not the diluted kind that Walmart sells. Use a very tiny amount around the nostril entrances. No need to use too much.

-Get a glass coffee decanter from a coffee maker to pour and carry your water to and from your room. I keep my reverse osmosis water and the coffee decanter in the fridge. Before bed I fill the glass decanter with water and take that to my room. I fill my A10 humidifier with water. The coffee decanter pours really nicely compared to the glass measuring cups I used before, and the lid keeps dust out of it. In the morning I pull the humidifier tank and empty the excess water in the bathroom sink. I leave the humidifier tank out of the machine, and open so it will dry out. I take the decanter with me and keep it and any water it contains in the fridge, ready the the next night. No mold or bacteria issues and easy to carry and perfect to pour from.

[Image: kcm11gc_x2_thumbnail.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: XPAP Tips Thread
Make sure the machine you buy is compatible with the free Sleepyhead software and does full reporting.

Don't buy a machine that doesn't do full reporting, and use the free Sleepyhead software to see how your therapy is working. In my opinion looking at your data is crucial to successful therapy. Relying on the clinic, DME or doctor can be frustrating and not always a path to success. Learn about your therapy and know whats going on.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 10 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,257 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,335 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,193 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,572 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 514 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.