Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Xmas lunch
Okay folks what are you having for Xmas lunch?

With scorcher weather at the moment temp above 40C, won't be any turkey, just cold food and some cold beer
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD10C9OFPOAc60OWjCiS9...vSGUXpsitw]
SPAM and potatoes - YUMMY
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Going to my parents for Christmas dinner. My Dad does an amazing Standing Rib Roast, my Mom makes a wonderful broccoli/cheese casserole, I am making a cranberry salad, my daughter is making red velvet cake. Not sure what else. My parents are both in their mid 80's. My brothers and other grandchildren live away and don't make it home during the holidays. So it will just be us and my parents. I host Thanksgiving and my parents host Christmas. Although we help them get ready. I help them with their shopping, my daughter did all their wrapping and we all pitch in helping make the dinner. It is usually a nice quiet day with them.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Rib-eye roast and whatever else goes with it. Maybe a single-malt or two. It is just the wife and I.

Brunswick stew.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I would enjoy almost anything but turkey, ham or spam! lol. We don't know what we are having as we are meeting in-laws at a restaurant.

We already had our Christmas celebration on Saturday. Beautiful Aussie summer day, 28 degrees, clear blue sky.

We had a big crowd so I barbecued steaks, sausages and chicken kebabs. Everybody brought a different salad, and SWMBO made the desserts - two types of sorbet, home-made ice cream, plum pudding with brandy sauce, cherry trifle. My niece's boyfriend is a chef, so she brought some tiramisu he made for us. Yum!!

Now need to do a month's solid exercise to get rid of the new spare tyre. Smile
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-23-2013, 07:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Brunswick stew.
Good idea, you can cook the dish well in advance and have more to spend with the family ... Aussie Shiraz is a good match

I've not heard of Brunswick stew before, just Google it, seem there is a uncertainty of its origin, Virginia or Georgia or even if German in origin

actually been said "it isn't Brunswick Stew unless it has squirrel"
happy hunting Dielaughing
We are cooking it today and will bring to my son's house tomorrow for our Christmas Eve gathering. Here's the recipe. There's no squirrel in it. The only modifications we make are to use stock instead of water, although adding some water as necessary is ok. And we use cut up boneless skinless chicken breast instead of a whole chicken so we can skip the step where you have to remove the bones.

Brunswick Stew

1 chicken, cut into quarters
2 pounds ground beef chuck
1 pound country ham, chopped
1 (1-pound) package Great Northern beans
6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 large onions, sliced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (14-ounce) bottle of ketchup
2 quarts canned tomatoes, crushed
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup

Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Dash of bottled liquid hot red pepper sauce

Salt and pepper
1/2 pound butter
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen corn
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen butter beans (limas)
1 (10-ounce) packages frozen green beans

Cook chicken, chuck and ham together in a large, heavy, covered stockpot with enough water to cover
until the chicken is tender (approximately 40 minutes). Add more water if necessary. Remove the
chicken from the pot, allow to cool until you can handle, then remove the bones and cut the meat into
small pieces. Return the meat to the pot.

Add the Great Northerns, cubed potatoes, onions, pepper flakes, ketchup, canned tomatoes, tomato
paste, soup, Worcestershire, pepper sauce, salt, pepper and butter. Cover and cook over low heat 1
hour. Add corn, butter beans and green beans. Cover and cook 1 hour more, stirring occasionally.

Makes about 8 quarts.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Havin' turkey, squash casserole, green beans (with french-fried onion rings & mushroom soup), sweet 'taters and something else I can't remember. Will also have my wife's lemon squares for dessert. Oh, and plenty of coffee. Coffee Licklips

Merry Christmas to all.

[Image: nativity_scene.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com