Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any way to remove Oximetry drop outs?
Question 
Any way to remove Oximetry drop outs?
Is there any way to break up a SpO2 file into two sessions to eliminate a finger-out period in the middle?
My sensor was loose so I ended up with a period  from 05:18:52 - 06:45:56 where I have readings that bounce between 127 (which I guess is indicating finger out, and seems to be ignored by Oscar) and 35 (which I'm guessing is incomplete contact, but is still calculated by Oscar).

I would like to keep the data before and after this interruption, but don't want these unrealistically low readings to influence my stats.  Is there a way to do that or should I just delete this whole day? 

A little background unrelated to the specific question, but just in case.  I am using Oscar to track pulse ox only right now as I prepare my case to get my insurance to pay for a new PAP device.  I was never able to tolerate my old REMstar Pro M-series very well, even at a relatively low prescription of 8 cmH20 so I have been non-compliant for a decade or more.  I would like to try to get back on the wagon with a more modern machine but I will need to fight with insurance a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any way to remove Oximetry drop outs?
The "I" (eye) model is the only one that allows for multiple sessions. I don't believe anything exists to modify an existing file. The way I understand its file structure is it has a starting time (other than the D+ model) and every data point is an offset to that time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 267 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 178 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 706 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remove imported session from OSCAR? Cuppa 2 574 03-16-2023, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data? sleepymon 2 669 02-20-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: sleepymon
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 900 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 641 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.