Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn
Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn
Good evening to you!

Oh my goodness. I CANNOT stay awake! 

I've been using a CPAP since October of 2014, and haven't been here in quite awhile. Everything became my new normal, and that was that (though of my AHI, my centrals are the major portion). 

Today I finally went to see my rheumatologist (I have fibromyalgia), asking if my EXCESSIVE sleepiness all day every day could be from the fibro--chronic fatigue can go hand-in-hand with fibro, but I'd never had an issue with it.

He prescribed Nuvigil (armodafinil). Oh, how I hate taking medication, but I'm desperate! 

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Meanwhile, are you always sleepy despite using your CPAP faithfully? What have you found helpful?

Sleep-on-pillow
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn
Is their any reason you are not using the auto part of youe cpap ? You have good equip. It can tell and do more for you if you let it.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm. "Auto part?"

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2017, 06:47 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Hmmm. "Auto part?"

Your using an Airsense for Her, which has three modes, straight Cpap, Auto Mode, and For Her Mode.

Your profile suggests you are using straight Cpap Mode.

Post a screenshot of the daily page in #SleepyHead, and use the tutorials in my signature line which will show you how to organize graphs and post here. Mabye we can see something in your data to explain why you are so tired.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welllll...I haven't used Sleepyhead since the beginning of all of this. I don't think I've even loaded it on this computer. Shoot.

I did some research and figured out the auto set setting though. Maybe that will help me get better sleep.

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. Many times, I am so tired I can't hardly move in spite of average usage of 6.5 hours a night. Part of my problem is that I wake up at 1:00 ish with my mind racing about mach 2.8 with what I have to get done the next day and I can't get back to sleep. However, in the last week I have had some good nights with some very interesting dreams. One included being handed two Bud lights by Donald Trump at a bar, taking a couple of sips and then he took them away and handed them to George and Laura Bush. I got to explain how a couple of his policies should work to President Trump. The next night I dreamed I was at a spa with several of my favorite entertainers. Who knew Christina Hendricks liked to work out so much? And Kaylee Frye? Maybe it was really about Firefly.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
@lambs - I see some of your past history, and if you are still having CAs above 5 per hour and never went back to get ASV titration, this may be one major reason you are still rather tired.

I would have suggested the APAP for Her with EPR=0 to combat as best as possible to reduce CAs.  But, this does not seem like the most beneficial machine for you, even though a great machine.

If you do EPR=0 and min pressure of 6 and max pressure of 9, I think you will be able to see an improvement.

Yours,

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, quiescence.

I wasn't told to go back for any reason. Yes, it's usually well above 5.

Just today I asked my doc to refer me to a different doc. I kept seeing the PA with the other practice, and didn't care about adjusting anything.

I'll adjust the settings. Thanks again!

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lambsydoats,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, trish6hundred!

Qiescence, my machine has a setting EPR that is either on or off. Mine has been off all this time. Now it's set to auto, min. 6, max. 9, EPR off. Last night I took it off at some point, and only had it on for 2.5 hours. API was 4.5.

The doc prescribed Nuvigil 250mg, and said to take 1/2 tablet each morning. I forgot that he said that, and took a whole one about ten minutes ago. Yipes!

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.