Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn
RE: Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn
if possible give us the breakdown of your AHI, if your machine states OA (OAI), H (HI), and CA (CAI). A total AHI of 4.5 sounds like an improvement. Hope you actually slept more than just the 2.5 hours.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2017, 12:20 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: if possible give us the breakdown of your AHI, if your machine states OA (OAI), H (HI), and CA (CAI).
AHI=8.2
Total AI=7.2
CA=5.8
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
Thoughts anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
We have so little to go on, but there is some.  I am somewhat confused as to two of the recent posts.  You said you changed the pressure to 6 thru 9, and that the API (AHI?) was 4.5, but also say total AHI was 8.2 (with 5.8 CA) - which must not be for the same night, right?

It has now been two nights at the new setting 6 thru 9 with EPR off.  What is the reading from last night, how long did you sleep, and how do you feel?

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2017, 07:51 AM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Thank you, trish6hundred!

The doc prescribed Nuvigil 250mg, and said to take 1/2 tablet each morning. I forgot that he said that, and took a whole one about ten minutes ago. Yipes!

Sounds like it's time to break all those pills in half,  now.  That way you aren't relying on your memory.

If he ever prescribes a whole pill,  just take two until you get a new bottle.  But for now -- make them all into half tablets right now!   Big Grin

bgDeb
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2017, 02:23 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 07:51 AM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Thank you, trish6hundred!

The doc prescribed Nuvigil 250mg, and said to take 1/2 tablet each morning. I forgot that he said that, and took a whole one about ten minutes ago. Yipes!

Sounds like it's time to break all those pills in half,  now.  That way you aren't relying on your memory.

How about 1/4? After I skipped a day, I took 1/4, and just had a little headache and lightheadedness. The good news? I wasn't sleepy all day!! My body is still tired, but a few more days of getting acclimated, and exercise routine, here I come. That will make me feel better all the way around.

Thanks for the advice--great idea!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2017, 10:02 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: We have so little to go on, but there is some.  I am somewhat confused as to two of the recent posts.  You said you changed the pressure to 6 thru 9, and that the API (AHI?) was 4.5, but also say total AHI was 8.2 (with 5.8 CA) - which must not be for the same night, right?

It has now been two nights at the new setting 6 thru 9 with EPR off.  What is the reading from last night, how long did you sleep, and how do you feel?

QAL

Ah. I was confusing. In my post stating all three values, I meant to indicate that those are averages over the time I've used the CPAP.

Two nights ago, I actually got just over eight hours of sleep AND kept my nose pillows in place. The AHI was 6-something I believe. 

Friday night, I got six hours in, with 7.9 "events per hour."
Post Reply Post Reply
good. hope this is a good trend starting. it is great that you feel like exercising.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems to me that if you make some adjustments to your machine's settings, you could get much better quality of sleep (and thus not be so tired during the day).

Please show us some data (a screenshot of a night's sleep, via Sleepyhead, would be very helpful). Then others wiser than myself could give you some recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.