Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ye (very ) olde hoary AHI question
RE: Ye (very ) olde hoary AHI question
(05-18-2017, 03:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: CPAPreturnee ,
Look in the lower left of the Daily Screen.  You seem to have all the Event Flags turned off.
Huh, must have accidentally clicked it and not noticed the change. So here is new pix that looks pretty busy.  Still don't know what that smiley face is about.
Just received my Hybrid HY500 mask so will be interested to see how it works out, but not expecting much change in AHI or other charts.

[attachment=3480]
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally the Smiley Face is reserved for a 0.0 AHI. Evidently SleepyHead was just happy that you got it posted to the forum.

To turn off the Pie Chart/Smiley Face:
File > Preferences > Appearance > Other Visual Settings > Show event breakdown pie chart (3rd from the top).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is something definitely not right with the software...but what I have no idea. Perhaps do an uninstall and then a re-install? I'm sorry I cannot give you advice on your machine settings since I'm not familiar with your machine and I think your AHI results need the attention of someone more experienced than myself. Definitely room for improvement there in your results.

As to masks not influencing AHI results...I've had wildly differing AHI stats on different mask trials. It is likely a function of trying to get used to the mask in question too. But some just felt...wrong to me for various reasons and I changed them out after one night. I trialed quite a few of them until I found the ones that felt right to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur that the event flags are turned off, and thus the total count is <none flagged>+<none flagged>+<none flagged>=0.0

if this were my chart, I would be changing some stuff.  
I would set the mode as CPAP, instead of APAP.  I would leave the flex at x1.
I would set the minimum at 5.5 and maximum at 10.5

then I would see if comfortable to sleep at those settings, and run those for a few days to see if average OA is similar or better, and the CA should be way better. [it appears that your CA is about 9.5 per hour, while OA is about 2.0 per hour.]

my guess is those changes will result in less than 1.0 of OA, and less than 3.0 of CA, but probably will give you more, say 3.0 of H.  But that would be less than 7.0 versus 14.0 - way better for rested feeling.

good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 07:01 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: I concur that the event flags are turned off, and thus the total count is <none flagged>+<none flagged>+<none flagged>=0.0

if this were my chart, I would be changing some stuff.  
I would set the mode as CPAP, instead of APAP.  I would leave the flex at x1.
I would set the minimum at 5.5 and maximum at 10.5

then I would see if comfortable to sleep at those settings, and run those for a few days to see if average OA is similar or better, and the CA should be way better. [it appears that your CA is about 9.5 per hour, while OA is about 2.0 per hour.]

my guess is those changes will result in less than 1.0 of OA, and less than 3.0 of CA, but probably will give you more, say 3.0 of H.  But that would be less than 7.0 versus 14.0 - way better for rested feeling.

good luck.

QAL

Thanks will try this after a few days of getting use to the HYB mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 04:15 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Normally the Smiley Face is reserved  for a 0.0 AHI.   Evidently SleepyHead was just happy that you got it posted to the forum.

To turn off the Pie Chart/Smiley Face:
File > Preferences > Appearance > Other Visual Settings > Show event breakdown pie chart (3rd from the top).

Thanks for pointing  out how to get rid of smiley, though it would be nice to see, if indeed I ever achieve AHI = 0 nirvana!
Post Reply Post Reply
So here is the cleaned up version but nothing changed except smiley is vanished.

[attachment=3482]

If there are more/less graphs that would be helpful let me know as I really appreciate members help, as I am determined do or die to make this work. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to do something... Your Tidal Volume is low -- i.e. -- you breathe shallow.
You have too many Central Apneas; and the Periodic Breathing concerns me.

I read some of you earlier posts and see you are 70+ years old.

Do you take any medications for pain; or tranquilizers; or muscle relaxants?
I ask because they can be a factor in CA.

@QAL: "I would set the mode as CPAP, instead of APAP. I would leave the flex at x1.
I would set the minimum at 5.5 and maximum at 10.5"

How does one set mode to CPAP, then set min to 5.5 and max to 10.5? What am I missing?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going somewhat agree with QAL, but get there in a bit different way. First, this looks, feels and probably is Complex Apnea. Something has changed in your health, and it's between you and your doctor to determine why you have abundant central apnea and hypopnea. Any investigation will likely key in on cardiac issues.

Settings: Auto mode, minimum 6.0, maximum 6.0, Flex OFF. The CPAP pressure with no EPAP relief is your best shot at better oxygenation by not dropping PEEP (positive end expiratory pressure). If these results are typical, the optimum treatment may not be CPAP. However you will need a complete cardiac workup if ASV is considered. If you don't qualify for ASV, then CPAP will likely be superior to BiPAP, as you are likely to get better results with constant pressure, than with changing IPAP/EPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 08:51 PM)justMongo Wrote: You need to do something...  Your Tidal Volume is low -- i.e. -- you breathe shallow.
You have too many Central Apneas; and the Periodic Breathing concerns me.

I read some of you earlier posts and see you are 70+ years old.

Do you take any medications for pain; or tranquilizers; or muscle relaxants?
I ask because they can be a factor in CA.
I have always been a shallow breather.  Only time I take deep breaths is during swimming.

I take a vitamin and baby aspirin in morning , and a cholesterol busting statin (sp?) at night.

Only pain medicine is an aspirin or ibuprofen tablet when rarely needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,424 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.