Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried?
Sad 
Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried?
Yesterday I slept without my two pillows on my back and basically flat. Normally I sleep on an angle. Today I woke up feeling more tired than usual so I checked my report and came to this. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

This is a close up view of that section.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried?
I'm not sure what algorithm ResMed uses to create the CSR areas, but it seems to be pretty all inclusive.

True CSR has a pronounced waxing and waning pattern at a fairly slow rate. What you have shown us barely qualifies as periodic breathing in my opinion. Further, it lasted less than 5% of the night, and if it only shows up occasionally, there is nothing to worry about.

Lacking your current settings (use F12 to create screenshots!) it is hard to give useful advice to minimise these occurrences..
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried?
How frequent do these occur. This one is not CSR which is what ResMed calls all periodic breathing, and is not an immediate concern.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 144 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 216 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,687 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 282 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 251 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 120 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 216 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.