Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yet Another High AHI thread
Yet Another High AHI thread
Hello, sleep-challenged folks.

I recently switched to a Transcend mini-CPAP and have been having some fairly major problems with sleep issues (feeling rested, etc). The little thing just doesn't seem to be cutting it for me and I can't figure out why.

I am a 45 year-old male, 5'10" 210lbs. My last sleep study was in 2015. I was told to up my pressure from 12-13 to 15. I suppose I was doing OK before my Resmed MStar Plus (old faithful) finally gave up. 

Like a lot of people I grabbed the Transcend and a couple batteries for a little bit of freedom for my outdoor lifestyle. Since then, this thing has been difficult to nail down, and I am getting some fairly miserable sleep. My mask appears to be doing it's job, but I just can't get the AHI down. 

Enclosed are stats from a three-day run.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-jwolf

Attached Files
.pdf   compliance.pdf (Size: 65.87 KB / Downloads: 48)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Yet Another High AHI thread
The problem with the data shown is a lack of report on central or clear apnea. I don't know if that just means there isn't any or it just doesn't report it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is no useful information, so the way to approach this is to experiment with higher and lower pressures and see if you can get an improvement trend. Since you have the machine at a higher pressure than previously, I'm going to suggest lowering pressure to 14. If AHI increases, then we go the other direction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jwolf,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting your machine adjusted to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure you don't want to buy a philips dreamstation auto. Amazon for $350, or the resmed auto for just over $400?

you could keep your travel cpap for travel?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,578 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.