Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yet Another Newbie
RE: Yet Another Newbie
Thanks,
I will start a new thread with the information and then I hope you guys can help me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to find a forum to post a test post and didn't so this post is just a test to see if it works ok for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Don. While you're working out the bugs in your SleepyHead program there is something you can do. Go into the clinical menu of your machine so you can see all the data. What is the event-type breakdown of your AHI? I'm wondering about the central or "clear airway" component of that AHI. Also the pressure and leak numbers. The SH graphs will be most helpful but these numbers might get us started. Your pressure range is wide and pressure swings might be problematic for you as they are for some others, but before we can suggest adjustments we need more data. Glad you found us.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don, I understand your desire to see immediate results and your concern that your AHI numbers haven't come down as far or fast as you'd like. I was in a similar place 4 months ago.

I started APAP therapy in mid-June after my sleep study showed an untreated AHI of 42. The first several weeks I had erratic and often disappointingly high results. Things have settled down now and my AHI is normally 2-4. I'm feeling much better and I'm becoming pretty comfortable sleeping with a mask on my face.

Give the therapy some time -- you're on the right path. Once your body and brain become used to this you'll be glad you persevered.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.