Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yet Another Newbie
Yet Another Newbie
Hello Everyone,
I have been taking Chemo for about six years and have always blamed it, and the other meds I am forced to take, for the tiredness that I experience everyday. That tiredness has resulted in acts such as falling asleep in my dinner to taking the mirror off my car as I fell asleep driving. About four weeks ago I eventually took a sleep test which showed that I had Apnea, I think I have suffered from it for many years, and had 72 instances of stopping breathing for over 10 seconds every hour. I don't know all the other numbers but I will. I have already learned a tremendous amount from this forum but more importantly I have learned what questions to ask.
I have to say that I am a little disappointed because I started on my new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset eight nights ago and am still having an average of 12 - 13 episodes an hour, last nights was 17.9. Even so I have to say that I feel better but from what I have heard I think I should be doing better.
The Simplus mask feels comfortable, I do not think I am having too many leaks and I am sleeping a good number of hours. My ResMed Dashboard scores are an average of 96.5 and nearly all the points lost are because of the events per hour so I am a little frustrated.
Any comments or advice will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Yet Another Newbie
Welcome to the Forum DonC,

I see from the Software Support Forum that you have tried to install Sleepyhead with no success.
Hang in there as someone will be able to walk you through that .

Once you get that installed, then you can post a screenshot for us to look at. We should be able to help you lower that AHI, buy will need to look at some data in order to make any recommendations.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

You have found a very good place. I know that most of us are data junkies to some extent but try not to be. The important thing is to feel better.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome DonC! For what it's worth, my sleep doc told me it can take 6 months or more to really reap the benefits of therapy for sleep apnea. So keep at it and it will get better in time!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason for using software is to look at what type of apneas are being scored, how well leaks are controlled, what the pressure is at time of an event, et cetera.

Sometimes, when beginning therapy, pressure induces clear airway apneas that diminish with time.

Don't be frustrated. Like many things, it can take time to reap the benefits.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, please focus on getting us some charts to look at. There are a lot of people here that will provide you some good feedback once they can see what is going on
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DonC,WELCOME! to the forum.!
It can take some time before you notice improvement, so just stick with it and don’t give up.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everybody. Your welcome and support are really helping.
I am a bit surprised about the 8 posts rule before you can post a picture as I would believe it is the newbies who need that kind of help.
The forum is unbelievable, as is Sleepyhead and I really believe that with all your help I will get through this and start to enjoy life again. I am not saying it has been horrible but it could have been so much better.
Thanks again, I will get the eight posts sent quickly and get back to you with the information.
Don

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,
Just so that I don't create a problem I want to post some information that I must thank SuperSleeper for. The 8 post rule is not strictly true. Please see the quote from SuperSleepers post.

as a brand new member, you can use the attachment feature to attach a pic to your post, new members are limited to 200 kb attachment sizes, once you transition to a standard "member" (after 8 posts), that will go up to a 512 kb attachment size limit.

Or (at the point you transition to a regular member (after 8 posts), you can upload your images elsewhere on the web and link to them in your post either as a direct link or an embedded image (instructions here).

Sorry for the confusion.

Don

Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 08:41 AM)DonC Wrote: I am a bit surprised about the 8 posts rule before you can post a picture as I would believe it is the newbies who need that kind of help.

Hi Don, you can post a picture as a brand new member by using the attachment feature. (It's only links to pics or websites that are limited for members with less than 8 posts).

Keep in mind though that there are limits on file size when posting pics as attachments, as explained in this post:

Quote:Your total attachment storage is limited depending on your level of membership (found just above your avatar and below your username; also found on your profile)

New Members: 200 kb
Members: 512 kb
Preferred Members: 600 kb
Wiki Editors: 700 kb
Advisory Members: 1024 kb

So you may need to use some image editing software to reduce the size of the image file you attach (in order to get below the file size limits above).

* The reason we limit links for brand new members is because of the proliferation of spammers who create an account in order to quickly post spam links.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 297 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.