Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Pulse Oximeter a way to rule in or out some form of apnea?
RE: Pulse Oximeter a way to rule in or out some form of apnea?
Thank you all very much for your input! Despite some disagreements, from what I gather it seems like a pulse oximeter doesn't measure enough data points to give us a strong or reliable enough indication of sleep apnea or to rule it out. Someone said to reply if we wanted to explore the route of buying a full auto cpap and I think that is what we are interested in doing. Any suggestions on which one?
Post Reply Post Reply
The best, newest and most expensive

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice) 

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice) 
  • Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500T11) Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube  (best choice) 
Older models

• ResMed S9 AutoSet

• ResMed S9 AutoSet for Her
  • Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all again for your input and advice! I can't tell you how helpful this site and community has been.

I ordered her the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her with the ClimateLine tube and the Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask. That all arrives tomorrow or Wed and she can't wait! I also just downloaded the Sleepyhead s/w, so now we're just waiting for the unit to arrive and then we'll go from there. Hoping the transition isn't too miserable and that this OSA treatment is what she needs to help her feel a lot better than she's felt for a long time now. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
A oxygen meter can add information to Sleephead.

Good luck to Beth and Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,803 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.