Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yet another BAMBOOZLED sucker - I got a brick, now what?
RE: Yet another BAMBOOZLED sucker - I got a brick, now what?
(05-02-2017, 10:29 AM)TASmart Wrote: You do not need an autoset, you need a data capable machine. I find I do worse with the autoset than using mine in the CPAP mode. But the date is invaluable for fine tuning my settings.

everyone needs an auto machine

our bodies change all the time 
the machines should adapt to us not us to them
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 10:41 AM)Nicholas Wrote: I see. So then if I want data-capable but not AutoSet, then it's the *Elite* that I'd want  (assuming I'm sticking with the ResMed AirSense 10 line), correct?

Next question: if I were to get the AutoSet, does it allow the reverting to manual, or is AutoSet the only thing it does?

As indicated by others yes. AutoSet is mor5e flexible.
The Autoset and Autoset for Her have 2 modes, Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP, your choice. For fixed we will frequently "cheat" and run AutoCPAP with IPAP = EPAP and act as Fixed CPAP and give us a little more data.

Give us the little data you may have and me may be able to help you structure a better argument.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bonjour and TSmart.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am currently writing another Wiki article
The AutoSet is recommended
ResMed AirSense 10 Elite (Fixed CPAP)  is acceptable.

Current aceptable in Production Machines

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (Lack of full data capability) (E0601)

• ResMed AirCurve 10, all models

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37211) (E0601, E0562) (best choice) (CPAP, BiLevel S, VAuto (Auto-BiLevel))

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 ASV BiLevel Machine w/HumidAir™ Humidifier (E0471) (best choice) (CPAP, BiLevel S, VAuto (Auto-BiLevel))

• Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom, bricks look the same) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro (DSX600x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine (DSX700x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP, Auto BiPAP) (best choice)
Current Machines to Avoid

• ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (all models, 37201) (Lack of full data capability)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37203) (Lack of full data capability)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP (DSX200x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Lack of full data capability)
Note: These are current machines, there are older models that have full data capability that are available via secondary markets if budget is an issue. Please inquire on the forum and your questions will be answered.

Note that the ResMed will respond more agressivly than the Philips Respironics, and as such is prefered by many on this forum.  Both will work when tuned.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 10:52 AM)xxyzx Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 10:29 AM)TASmart Wrote: You do not need an autoset, you need a data capable machine. I find I do worse with the autoset than using mine in the CPAP mode. But the date is invaluable for fine tuning my settings.

everyone needs an auto machine

our bodies change all the time 
the machines should adapt to us not us to them

Our bodies do not change all that fast. While an autoset may be desirable, a data capable machine is fine for at least some people. Maybe you would rather everyone gets a fully automatic ASV, then uses what part is applicable? There is a cost factor here, fir for purpose in my mind. But we all have our opinions don't we.

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made a copy and paste mistake in what I posted above. I did say I was working on it.
I said "ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (Lack of full data capability) (E0601)"
It should read "ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601)"

sorry about any confusion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 11:08 AM)bonjour Wrote: Give us the little data you may have and me may be able to help you structure a better argument.

Very kind of you. Will do when I get the chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 11:08 AM)bonjour Wrote: Give us the little data you may have and me may be able to help you structure a better argument.

Here is the link to my data (SleepyHead screenshots). Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicholas,
If you have a good relationship with your doctor, then start with him/her.

Explain that this machine gives you no useful data, just compliance.  Is that all he is interested in?  Tell him you were under the impression that this was a data capable machine, and that is what you would like to have.  

While you're at it, let him know that you are aware that an Airsense 10 CPAP like the elite and the Airsense 10 Auto fall under the same insurance code and you prefer the AutoSet.  

Also, be sure to humor him by saying you will be happy to set it to straight CPAP mode if he prefers.  (He doesn't need to know you may change it).

You need to look ahead to your needs possibly changing and since you will have the machine 5 years or longer that you prefer an Apap.

Ask him to rewrite the script for an Auto Cpap.

I suggest you handle this sooner than later.  Once 30 days is up, there may be no cooperation with the DME.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 05:02 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Nicholas,
If you have a good relationship with your doctor, then start with him/her.

Explain that this machine gives you no useful data, just compliance.  Is that all he is interested in?  Tell him you were under the impression that this was a data capable machine, and that is what you would like to have.  

While you're at it, let him know that you are aware that an Airsense 10 CPAP like the elite and the Airsense 10 Auto fall under the same insurance code and you prefer the AutoSet.  

Also, be sure to humor him by saying you will be happy to set it to straight CPAP mode if he prefers.  (He doesn't need to know you may change it).

You need to look ahead to your needs possibly changing and since you will have the machine 5 years or longer that you prefer an Apap.

Ask him to rewrite the script for an Auto Cpap.

I suggest you handle this sooner than later.  Once 30 days is up, there may be no cooperation with the DME.
+1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Brick" error in Oscar for Resmed Vauto? Sleeper512 5 1,147 12-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeper512
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 998 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] My Brick Report SkiSmuggs 13 2,337 07-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SkiSmuggs
  Upgrade from brick stanleydean 9 1,980 03-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys I got a brick. UKwildcatfan 46 6,341 03-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mark71
  Dreamstation cpap brick to auto cpap. kadaroten 5 2,283 09-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question [Equipment] Respironics Power Brick: high-pitch noise benpeter 2 1,754 03-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.