Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your AHI 12.9 was Horrible; See a doctor.
Your AHI 12.9 was Horrible; See a doctor.
Greetings Hosies,
Sleepyheads wording makes me smile. I was SLAMMED with a sleep headache, such as I had nearly daily before c-pap. Hello old false friend. I am not worried. I am sitting fast at the settings I'm at (PM me if you think I should consider a change and why) Yes a little over 2/3 of that centrals. (or so the graph says)

Had my best two nights, and now my worst night. No idea why. No drinking (I hate to have to write that, sounds like it's unusual, assume I've had no drinking unless the Hen has wee tipple and tells ya) , a little reflux but had that the other two nights too. All other features the same.

I don't see the doctor till April 1st. They were going to try to sqeeze me in earlier. If this kind of bad boy business were to become regular again, I'd call them squawking in a heartbeat.

I'm sure it's not just me, but when one gets a taste of freedom (even at so so ahi's) one does NOT want to return to what was before.

I've got a flikr page with a sampling. The two best are there, and last night, and some odds and ends.

If anyone wants to take a gander...please let me know your thoughts. I'm inching toward 8-14 give or take. But trying to hold out for 14 days at each level unless the data says must.move.now.

Here is the link, hope it shows you my whole album. Sorry bout the couple SF pics, couldn't figure out how to get them out yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131278161@N05/

The Manse<Apnea's nothing to cluck at> Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your AHI 12.9 was Horrible; See a doctor.
You probably don't want to put up a link to a Flickr account with your name on it.

Let me know if you need any coaching on how to put Flickr images up in .php.

This is your bad night? I'm used to looking at ResScan rather than Sleepyhead. I see 8 discrete breaks in the timeline including one long one. Were you up & down out of bed a bunch of times?

[Image: 15944086423_fb6b1e958d_b.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing that sticks out for me is that your APAP seems to be skirting with the high part of the range. Not sure what that means as far as informing a change to the therapy, but maybe the upper range should go up a notch as well. Or maybe it's just right.

What has your average AHI been up until the (shudder) 12.9? And what is it comprised of? OA? SA? Maybe a little of each? Were there maybe some false positives just as you were going to sleep or waking up?

I am averaging 1.75 but I might have a 6.0 or so once every couple of weeks or so, so one high index every once in a while might not be all that alarming.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Geoff, Tyrone,
Avg over the whole 52 days as per ResScan's number crunching is 5.5 with 2.7 OSA 2.1 CA and remaining of no. filler of hypopnea/unknown. This is highest AHI thus far.

Yes I was getting up a lot. When my apnea is bad, it kicks in with nocturia/polyuria with a vengence. I was up about 8 times.
Apparently from reading studies, they used to assume that apnea woke folk up, and folk thought yeah, I guess I could need to pee, and thus did. But for some if not all apnea pee-ers, it's actually that the apnea itself creates this abundance of urine at night. I expect there is a little of the other too, ie waking, and assuming, and thus loo-tripping. It's an absolute bear I'll tell ya. On good AHI nights, I'm up only one or two times now, for the first time in over a decade.

Might be some false positives, one can hope. Will blow up the charts in resscan and see.

And Geoff, yes I was horrified when I saw that when I first set up flikr a few days ago, but at the time I thought "I guess they must require it" because they asked for it. When they asked for name I thought, oh maybe this is one of those things where they ask but don't show it publicly. (not that I'm particularly paranoid about it) But thanks to your comment I persevered and got it changed to my Manse Hen name. There are strange folk out there.

The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
How much of that time were you actually sleeping?

Without knowing that, I'd guess you were only sleeping for the first part of the night and for much of the latter part of the data, you were lying in bed awake with the mask on hating life.

The ResScan view of the data gives you the discrete apnea events and duration of each event. It might give some insight to see what was happening right before you woke up those first few times. All I can see is the machine ramping up the pressure so it was seeing events or flow restrictions to cause that. Without seeing the data, I'd guess you had some very long duration events where the adrenaline shot to your system fully woke you.
Post Reply Post Reply
For future reference if you want to put images from Flickr up here directly, here is a HowTo for Microsoft Windows with the obscure key strokes.

1) When viewing a photo in Flickr, in the bottom-right corner of the screen there is an icon with a down-arrow that says "Download this photo" if you hover over it.

2) Click on that down-arrow icon. A dialog pops up. Select "View all sizes". That puts you on a page with the "Large 1024" image size as default.

3) For this web site, it knows how to scale down .jpg images so just use that default big size. Right-click on the image and select "Copy image location".

4) CONTROL+V will paste the link to the image. Surround it with BBcode [IMG] [/IMG]

For example, this BBcode displays an image of my catboat
[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/14881653765_f229e6ed00.jpg[/IMG]

[Image: 14881653765_f229e6ed00.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Manse, it would help if you'd change your SH graph format a bit. I usually look for four graphs, Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks. If you have room for Flow Limitations, use that too. Be sure the graphs are large enough vertically to have a meaningful scale. Some of your graphs are so compressed you can't see what is going on.

On the left side of the detailed graphs I like to see Date, AHI, Event Summaries and Statistics. Sleepyhead will automatically take and store the screenshot, and if you've done all this, it will look like this with enough resolution to see the data. Here is a tutorial on how to post a graph that will look more like this. (example of a not so good night for me). I use Imgur rather than photobucket or Flicker because it's free, and I really don't want to share albums with family and personal stuff on it here.

[Image: 9h2EgUbl.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Geoff (pretty sunset and boat pic!) and Sleeprider. Will work on the graph changes and posting some. Meanwhile, I had a great night last night after the four horrible ones. AHI 3.9 Still higher in the Centrals dept. nearly 2;1 ratio in favor of centrals. BUT I slept very deeply and well and woke refreshed which was lovely after so many bad days both numerically and feeling wise.

I personally find it easier to use ResScan to look at the horizontal detail on graphs, setting it to the various degrees of blow up. (ie 2 hours 30 seconds etc) but I like Sleepyhead for other reasons. I end up checking both daily. Sleepyheads photo taking feature is wonderful. I'll see if I can get a graph or two on here or on the next "woe is me" post I make (-:

Thanks so much for your helpful info. I'm still learning.

The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2015, 12:25 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: Thanks Geoff (pretty sunset and boat pic!) and Sleeprider. Will work on the graph changes and posting some. Meanwhile, I had a great night last night after the four horrible ones. AHI 3.9 Still higher in the Centrals dept. nearly 2;1 ratio in favor of centrals. BUT I slept very deeply and well and woke refreshed which was lovely after so many bad days both numerically and feeling wise.

I personally find it easier to use ResScan to look at the horizontal detail on graphs, setting it to the various degrees of blow up. (ie 2 hours 30 seconds etc) but I like Sleepyhead for other reasons. I end up checking both daily. Sleepyheads photo taking feature is wonderful. I'll see if I can get a graph or two on here or on the next "woe is me" post I make (-:

Thanks so much for your helpful info. I'm still learning.

The Manse Hen

Hi Manse Hen,
Great AHI numbers! Keep tabs on those Centrals, hopefully they will start to come down too. Are you over your Flu Bug? Bed
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2015, 12:25 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: ...Still higher in the Centrals dept. nearly 2;1 ratio in favor of centrals...

I had less than 1% centrals in my un-PAPed home test, but have had a 2:1 central ratio ever since starting xPAP.

The centrals are apparently not coming from me, then. I am skeptical of centrals being false positives in many cases, especially when I am awake and get centrals flagged that can't possibly really be CA events.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,715 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.