Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review
RE: New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review
That looks pretty nasty, but I'm not sure the CA and periodic breathing are legit. That might just be a gnarly cluster of obstructive events with deeper recovery breaths in between each one. Might be easier to tell if you zoom in a little closer.

Did you ditch flex and increase pressure in CPAP mode, or at least up the minimum in APAP to 10 last night? How did it go?
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2024, 12:24 PM)BoxcarPete Wrote: That looks pretty nasty, but I'm not sure the CA and periodic breathing are legit. That might just be a gnarly cluster of obstructive events with deeper recovery breaths in between each one. Might be easier to tell if you zoom in a little closer.

Did you ditch flex and increase pressure in CPAP mode, or at least up the minimum in APAP to 10 last night? How did it go?

I increased the min to 10 and max to 14. I had a case of insomnia last night, so I wasn't able to sleep at all. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight and see if there were any improvements. I attached some zoomed in screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you have an unusual partial obstruction pattern in the majority of your breaths in this time period. A partial obstruction commonly presents as a sharp peak in the inspiration flow with an early reversal followed by either another peak or a plateau. Yours technically look like this, but it's unusual because the second peak is taller. Normally, the body gets some air, encounters an obstruction, puts a little more oomph into the breath to fill the lungs, and then exhales. You are encountering resistance and then taking in a big breath after breaking through it. Might be because it's apnea recovery breathing, but I definitely think you have airway resistance at the root of these events.

I always had plateaus before surgery (now afterwards I haven't seen any flow data yet), but different types of obstruction cause different shaped flows. Yours might look a little different as well because I believe the Phillips machines record at 5 Hz and ResMed machines poll and record flow data at 25 Hz.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 87 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,374 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 462 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 1,936 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 272 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.