Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
bonum.noctem I'm glad things are working out for you. I have been using CPAP since '98 and it just seems normal for me. But my sleep is solid and restful. Whatever works for you is what counts.

May I ask a question without sounding rude? Where do you live? I'm interested because my folks came from Stuttgart Germany and somewhere in Bohemia about the mid 1850's. The settled in Central Minnesota and were dairy farmers. I now live in SW Utah on the edge of the desert and love it. The weather is fantastic and scenery is beautiful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 07:32 AM)bonjour Wrote: I would suggest a diagnostic PSG to validate that you are apnea free.  I am happy for your success.

Will do, but it's going to have to wait for an uncertain period of time due to the Coronavirus situation. I'm absolutely positive that my sleep apnea is gone though, the SnoreLab app is saving audio samples, so I can check the audio of the night in the morning, and it's just all fine since I stopped using my equipment and checking with that app.

(07-18-2020, 07:49 AM)Shadowpup Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 05:31 AM)bonum.noctem Wrote: Cured By Healthy Keto + Intermittent Fasting + Physical Exercise

“the knowledge of how carbs are responsible for pretty much everything bad that can happen to your body.”

Amen!

I'm not new to keto, but that path within the last year led me to Dr. Eric Berg and he and his videos brought so much new knowledge, it really is amazing!
In pursuit of a goodnight sleep | Receive a discount at Wellue Health
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonum, most people that use the CS-A Pacewave ASV are treating complex or central apnea. While the obstructive component of your sleep apnea may have cleared, it is still possible that you would have central events, and that it will not show up in your snore app. I agree with Bonjour to verify your sleep disturbed breathing clinically.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 10:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Bonum, most people that use the CS-A Pacewave ASV are treating complex or central apnea. While the obstructive component of your sleep apnea may have cleared, it is still possible that you would have central events, and that it will not show up in your snore app. I agree with Bonjour to verify your sleep disturbed breathing clinically.

As far as I can remember, my centrals were triggered by the CPAP treatment itself, which is why the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, that I had previously, just didn't work.

I'm rather confident, that any kind of respiratory interruption is detected by that SnoreLab app, since a gasp for air is always clearly audible.

But of course I take this seriously, so once it seems safe to visit the sleep clinic at our local hospital, I'll make an appointment. Till then I'll simply keep monitoring my nights using that app.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's good you're being cautious on this, as I am not certain CA events would trigger gasping for breath. My CA tend to be involuntary breath hold-like as best as I remember. I just don't know if I would rely much on gasping or similar external tells being a reliable indicator.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll point out that with an untreated OSA in the 90s I didn't snore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep... the lack of snoring does not automatically indicate a cessation of apnea events.

Best to find out for sure with a new sleep study, as was suggested.  I'm sure that your sleep apnea has improved due to your weight loss, but to say that it's "cured" or "gone" is a stretch without valid testing.

No need to reply - I'm just putting it out there that "I agree" with the previous suggestions.

Congrats on the weight loss - that's a good thing no matter what!   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can always set your CPAP machine at a fixed pressure of 4 (the lowest it will go) and see if your apnea is being successfully treated by that. If it isn't, you know you need CPAP. If it is, then you will have to get the PSG to find out for sure.

Also, you can use an oximeter to see if your oxygen concentration falls when you're not using CPAP.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 09:27 PM)Sleepster Wrote: You can always set your CPAP machine at a fixed pressure of 4 (the lowest it will go) and see if your apnea is being successfully treated by that. If it isn't, you know you need CPAP. If it is, then you will have to get the PSG to find out for sure.

Thanks, didn't think about that, and definitely worth a try, once I come back from our upcoming vacation.

Quote:Also, you can use an oximeter to see if your oxygen concentration falls when you're not using CPAP.

I've previously thought about getting an oximeter but couldn't decide on the model. Should clearly be the better way to monitor what's going on during the nights than the snore app.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it's taken 8 months, 3 sleep studies and countless masks, but I am now having repeated nights of under 5 AHI using the resMed N30i mask and Phillips Dreamstation.  Yay!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 169 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 192 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,840 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 174 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 553 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.