Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
I am a Canadian, and live near Toronto. Somehow I have been compliant for over 25 years.  Help from other cpap users have made this so.

I am using a ResMed S9 with humidifier and heated hose.
I have a ResMed N20 as a trial mask. I've had a number (5?) DreamWear masks typically replaced every 6 or more months.  

I find that my results gradually get worse, and finally become bad enough that I search for the cause.

A few years ago I followed advice here and got Sleepyhead software.

Now it takes me much less time to figure out what I need to do.

I am a moderate mouth breather.  I use a chinstrap to keep my mouth closed 

I just tried a full face mask. an f20. It was an awful period of terrible sleep.  I took it back.
I've tried about 8 full face masks with no luck

I am so grateful for this forum.  I'm so grateful for advice.

It's the reason I am compliant.

Thanks
David Lynch
Toronto
DaveL
Cranky Old Hoser
Compliant for 25+ years
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doc was only interested in knowing i turned my machine on. I asked him what changed in OSA therapy. He said nothing had; he assured me he had over 3000 patients. Pressed further, he said there were heated hoses, and better machines I didn't qualify to get.

It turns out he sent reports to my family doctor after we met.
However, I never saw one in 15 years of his care. I've fired my family doctor, and finally have one that follows up. Now I need a sleep doctor that is helpful.
DaveL
Cranky Old Hoser
Compliant for 25+ years
Post Reply Post Reply
Almost 20 years ago (at age 50) i started feeling sleepy when i woke-up, sleepy at noon, wanted to nap in the afternoon, fell asleep during movies & reading books and had failing energy.  Then someone told me i would snore and often stop-breathing when i was asleep-yikes!  My Dr said to get a sleep-study, asap.  (i thought about getting the painful corrective-surgery instead, but there was NO guarantee it would fix the problem; so i opted for the cPap machine.)
 Well, after the test and fitting, it took me almost 10 days to be able to fall asleep w any of the different masks i tried, but then SUCCESS!!   My moderate to severe apnea was prevented at last and what a difference!!  Ever since i have woken up everyday full of energy and still feeling like i'm 35, ha-ha!  What a wonderful invention  : ))
Post Reply Post Reply

It was in early 2004, when after years of my wife laying awake waiting for me start breathing again, that I had a sleep study.
I would doze off at stop lights, could drive any distance safely, and doze with a house full of people. The Dr. said I was lucky
not to have a heart attack as much stress as my heart under. 
 I received a Remstar pro and comfort select mask. The first night was amazing, I dreamed for the first time in years. I felt 
so much better. Never had any trouble adapting to the therapy.
 Jump fall of 2016 I got a new Dreamstation Auto and all is well.

Dreamstation Auto and Red Med Air Fir N20  Pressure 11
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do NOT trust your DME - my story CZOscar 51 1,481 10-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post chicken 49 2,716 09-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  want to post Sleepyhead data regbeach 2 137 09-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Last Post: RustySocket
  Trying to post a Sleepyhead Graph-Please Help-Is this it? bluemom51 4 218 08-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Last Post: bluemom51
  DME story nicholb 12 575 08-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Is AHI the best indicator of success? DannyG 5 678 08-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: KenHylton
  3 weeks MMA post op Steverino 8 481 07-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: mrkdilkington