Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Thumbsup 
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
That's so true, no hurricanes here Too-funny

Masha danki Vladimir
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanx Sleeprider,

I am going to take a look for a way to buy the ResMed. I will let you know if I need help, thanx for offering your help already!

Cheers,
René
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there Coffee Man,

I was interested in your modification to your mask. I assume you are talking about the the DreamWear FF mask with the mask over the mouth and the cushion under the nose.  I have that mask as well and have found that the mask seems to be too curved for my face there is a lot of pressure on the sides of mouth. My left nostril seems to be partially blocked. I have found that I can spread the left air tube and get better flow. I was a bit nervous about trying to increase the hole size but maybe I try that mod myself. I wish there was a way to get a custom fit mask as no 2 facial structures are exactly the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2018, 09:18 AM)ClearStonePrez Wrote: Hi there Coffee Man,

I was interested in your modification to your mask. I assume you are talking about the the DreamWear FF mask with the mask over the mouth and the cushion under the nose.  I have that mask as well and have found that the mask seems to be too curved for my face there is a lot of pressure on the sides of mouth. My left nostril seems to be partially blocked. I have found that I can spread the left air tube and get better flow. I was a bit nervous about trying to increase the hole size but maybe I try that mod myself. I wish there was a way to get a custom fit mask as no 2 facial structures are exactly the same.

I modified the small nasal cushion. In the picture, from left to right are: medium cushion, small cushion with enlarged opening, and small cushion. As you can see, the opening can be enlarged quite a bit. It definitely helped to reduce effort when inhaling.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just thought I'd share something I found interesting. Been having issues waking during the night for the last couple of years off and on, well more like floating up to awareness level and not really sleeping deeply. AHI has been ok, minimal Hypopnea's (yeah, i'm lucky, don't seem to have CA's or OA's), just the lack of deep sleep and waking up tired and not feeling "refreshed".

Had a chat to my clinician and she suggested i drop my exhale pressure and guess what.....look at the charts! I'm now sleeping all night apart from the dogs making me get up at 5 AM to rescue a hedgehog this morning. Waking up and feeling great, refreshed and like I've had a decent sleep. Long may it continue

[attachment=6831] [attachment=6830]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2018, 11:05 PM)matthewb Wrote: Just thought I'd share something I found interesting. Been having issues waking during the night for the last couple of years off and on, well more like floating up to awareness level and not really sleeping deeply. AHI has been ok, minimal Hypopnea's (yeah, i'm lucky, don't seem to have CA's or OA's), just the lack of deep sleep and waking up tired and not feeling "refreshed".

Had a chat to my clinician and she suggested i drop my exhale pressure and guess what.....look at the charts! I'm now sleeping all night apart from the dogs making me get up at 5 AM to rescue a hedgehog this morning. Waking up and feeling great, refreshed and like I've had a decent sleep. Long may it continue

What you actually did was increase pressure support by 1-cm. That is the recipe to resolve hypopnea. Congrats on the improvement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2018, 07:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 11:05 PM)matthewb Wrote: Just thought I'd share something I found interesting. Been having issues waking during the night for the last couple of years off and on, well more like floating up to awareness level and not really sleeping deeply. AHI has been ok, minimal Hypopnea's (yeah, i'm lucky, don't seem to have CA's or OA's), just the lack of deep sleep and waking up tired and not feeling "refreshed".

What you actually did was increase pressure support by 1-cm. That is the recipe to resolve hypopnea. Congrats on the improvement.

Whats interesting is that if i take the machine epap setting lower, (i tried 6) I don't see any further reduction in exhale setting, the chart wobbles around 7. Iis that because i'm exhaling at that pressure and the machine is seeing that? Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been using a CPAP for about 7 weeks now.  Was able to use it all night from the start. 18 cm with a nose pillow does require a chin strap to keep the pressure in.  Before the CPAP I couldn't stay awake during the day.  My toe nails were discoloring similar to the signs of congestive heart failure.  I could not sleep lying down without feeling like I was being smotherd.  Now I pretty much sleep through the night.  My toenails have grown out clear.  I am alert during the day.  Having a leaf blower up your nose is not normal, but the results are worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2018, 07:35 PM)igarza Wrote: Been using a CPAP for about 7 weeks now.  Was able to use it all night from the start. 18 cm with a nose pillow does require a chin strap to keep the pressure in.  Before the CPAP I couldn't stay awake during the day.  My toe nails were discoloring similar to the signs of congestive heart failure.  I could not sleep lying down without feeling like I was being smotherd.  Now I pretty much sleep through the night.  My toenails have grown out clear.  I am alert during the day.  Having a leaf blower up your nose is not normal, but the results are worth it.

Igarza, try substituting a soft cervical collar for the chin strap, and I would say the leaf blower is normal after over 10  years.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2018, 07:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 07:35 PM)igarza Wrote: Been using a CPAP for about 7 weeks now.  Was able to use it all night from the start. 18 cm with a nose pillow does require a chin strap to keep the pressure in.  Before the CPAP I couldn't stay awake during the day.  My toe nails were discoloring similar to the signs of congestive heart failure.  I could not sleep lying down without feeling like I was being smotherd.  Now I pretty much sleep through the night.  My toenails have grown out clear.  I am alert during the day.  Having a leaf blower up your nose is not normal, but the results are worth it.

Igarza, try substituting a soft cervical collar for the chin strap, and I would say the leaf blower is normal after over 10  years.

Thank you.  I'll try the soft collar! 
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 178 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,644 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 203 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,852 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 175 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 557 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 386 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.