Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
(05-05-2019, 10:27 AM)matsarge Wrote: Now, I've lost about 25 pounds, I'm on allergy shots, and I've been using the Dreamstation for about 45 days with 100% compliance. I can't see myself sleeping without it. My AHI is around 4.5 on average and I feel much better. Not every day is great, but the "off" days aren't as often and aren't near as bad. Now, I'm focused on better understanding apnea, the data each night, and working to get my AHI even lower. I can't believe I was so dumb to ignore the signs (and what was my wife was telling me), and I got to the point where it was literally trying to kill me. My heart being in good shape was the main thing that saved me. Someone with heart issues may not have been able to withstand the stress I was putting on my heart and body each night. I lost that 25 pounds over a 7 week period during the worst part of this as I could barely eat and just felt terrible 24/7.

Yes it might have helped. My sleep apnea doesn't sound nearly as bad as yours but... for the past few years I've felt my mind was in the clouds and studying for my engineering finals was brutal... imagine how well I'd do had I known I had this condition? (I graduated this year in May with a Industrial Engineering degree). I did work out but not as much as I should have... simply because it took a massive effort to drag myself to the gym. Now is the time to heal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-13-2019, 05:42 PM)spirilis Wrote: I asked the dr a week later how bad my apnea was, they said 16/hour.  Not severe but enough to drive me bonkers apparently.

Depends on the person, I think. Imagine someone disturbing your sleep 16 times each hour. That's about once every 15 minutes!
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
oops, once every 15 minutes would be 4/hr. 16 times per hour is 4 every 15 minutes. or roughly 1 every 4 minutes. further bolstering your point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. I am new to all this. I am reading all these stories and constantly thinking ME TOO MAN......I am 3 days into using my machine and have no real problems, but hearing about everyone else's success really gets me excited and hopeful about using my CPAP!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV success stories? bemused 7 232 04-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Last Post: bemused
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 869 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019
  Is this image of Sleepyhead the correct way to post on forums? Also, how am I doing?! vroomvroom 21 570 03-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Success Due to Members!! colvid 7 410 03-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: colvid
  Home Sleep Study Rental - What online places/companies are best to use from personal My3rd3y3 0 223 03-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Last Post: My3rd3y3
  Trying to find post re: SenTec transdermal CO2 monitor mdmarmd 3 175 02-27-2019, 05:34 AM
Last Post: crowtor
  Post nasal drip and blocked ears DarciWantsToSleep 1 185 02-26-2019, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.