Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Hi hmonnier, your new machine is a BiPAP auto, that can vary pressure if setup in the auto mode. Let us know if you want to optimize settings for comfort and effectiveness. Welcome to Apnea Board.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2019, 01:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hi hmonnier, your new machine is a BiPAP auto, that can vary pressure if setup in the auto mode. Let us know if you want to optimize settings for comfort and effectiveness. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Thanks Sleeprider,

I would like to try that, but I think I should wait until my 21 day compliance is completed. I do not know how fussy they are about making changes in the provider settings. Rather not get into a pissing contest with them, since I wish Medicare to foot the bill.

My sleep study indicated my pressures are 18-14, whereas with my old CPAP (System One) I was set at 17.
I certainly will be welcome for any suggestions that will aid in effectiveness or comfort. I know I've had to tighten the straps on the mask (DreamWear Full Face) considerably to eliminate leaks. They are not so tight the magnets let go......

I do like the mask, but did not see one in the mask review section. I will have to check again to be sure. The full face mask is good, since I do occasionally do open my mouth. Prior to this mask I was using the Swift FX nasal pillow. I'd have stayed with that if i did not have the 'open mouth' issue. Tried one chin strap, did not like it. Never had a leak issue with the FX....

Thanks for your input, i Certainly am open to suggestions....

Henri Monnier
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2019, 09:57 AM)hmonnier Wrote: Total Newbie here. Used a CPAP for 2 years about 6 years ago. Wandered away from it, tired of feeling like a mummy, all trussed up with a mask, chinstrap, etc....

Glad to see you picked it back up again. Sleep apnea wreaks havoc on the cardiovascular system. Plus, you will enjoy life a lot more once you get adapted and are able to get the sleep your body needs to function.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Incredible result
On October 25, 2019 we received a cpap resmed airsense 10 Autoset. We discovered the Apneaboard and Oscar, which we installed.
That night after 5 hours of sleep with a resmed mirage fx mask, we got this result.
Ahi: 45.59
OA: 1.58
H: 0.39
CA: 42.83
CSR: 79.45%

After 14 days and with another mask, resmed airfit p10, the average values were
AHI: 18
CSR: 25
CA: 20
OA and H remained the same.

Reading several articles about CSA on this board, it was clear to us that we needed an ASV device. On November 15 we were able to buy a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV.
Obtaining this device is a story in itself.
The result was above expectations. With standard settings
EPAP min: 3      -  max : 15
PS min: 3    -    max : 15

AHI : 1.53
Unclassified Apnea : 0.12
OA : 0
H : 1.41
(see chart )
We wish to thank Apnea board , the Oscar programmers and Resmed for this , we call it, a miracle.
Please note that or native language is Dutch, so Google translate helped us to post this. My wive is the patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
Belgica,
I'm glad you found Apnea Board and the help and guidance needed. So many folk here need an ASV machine as your wife and are unable to obtain that much needed machine without waiting months and months.

The results you posted are amazing.

Hope your stick around. You would be an inspiration to others.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Belgica, your story inspires us all to persevere.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
        Thank you for this apnea board, I appreciate all the info that is here.  I've had sleep apnea most of my life but never treated it until I came down with Atrial Fibrillation (Irregular Heartbeat) earlier this year at age 50 with no other medical reasons for the cause-(nonsmoker height weight proportional etc). Found out that AFIB can be caused by sleep apnea.

My sleep study showed 15 to 20 events per night mix of OSA and some CSA.  I did the home sleep study and lab study.

I got my CPAP machine four months ago.  I went from sleep study events of 15 to 20 AHI down to 10 to 15 AHI on CPAP in the first month.  Once I got used to the machine I would see nights of 9-12 regularly with some nights around 5-8 AHI.  Couldn't figure out why I still had high numbers some nights and low numbers other nights.  

Then I downloaded your Oscar software, thank you again for having that available, and started reading the boards about sleep position.  Figured out that side sleeping led to lower numbers for me like has been mentioned in many posts.  Started wearing a neck collar with side sleeping and I've gotten myself under 2 AHI on a regular basis now.  It's not always perfect but now my high nights are 4 to 6.

I find some mornings I wake up refreshed with that slept well feeling I haven't had for years.  I also find much less middle of day tiredness or falling asleep on the couch after work. I'll keep an eye on my numbers and work to keep them low to see what the next 12 months of CPAP therapy low AHI does for me overall.

Thank you again for this resource!

Russ
Post Reply Post Reply
Russ, congratulations on your progress! You've done a great job of analyzing your circumstances and address them. If you feel like starting a regular thread to get some advice, please do; people would be very happy to see whether they could help you achieve even better results. Meanwhile, what a great success story!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've really just got a failure story so far, can't post a thread despite enough posts or I would....
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2020, 07:03 PM)MarineCorpsNerd1 Wrote: I've really just got a failure story so far, can't post a thread despite enough posts or I would....

Can you tell me what problem you are having with starting your own thread?

Go to the Main Forum, at the top right, you will see “New Thread.“ Click on that to start a thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=16
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 8 121 4 minutes ago
Last Post: DKane
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,608 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,825 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.