Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: CPAP Free!
(09-05-2020, 04:43 PM)sammiller Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 02:42 PM)Azrael Wrote: CPAP Free!
What's JHB and CT?

Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Wordsandsigns, what a fantastic story -- complete with romance! It's wonderful to hear what apnea treatment can do to change our lives. Thanks so much for posting.
Post Reply Post Reply
am just trying to get on blog - site here not too user friendly for first-timers.....
two items on CPAP...
1) if you use O3 to sanitize your machine I learned recently beat to run 1-2 minutes before using that night to get excess O3 out of machine and tubing
2) had to replace mask from use - shortly after new mask my eyesight started to get "funny" - ophthalmologist said eyes were very dry - new mask wasn't fitting and air dried out eyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on losing weight and no longer needing a CPAP!

A caution for others - thin people can also have sleep apnea.  I am a 68 year old woman, physically fit, have never been overweight, and thus really argued with the sleep study results and the severe OA diagnosis a few years ago. Finally I gave in and just used the CPAP.  Now - 3 years later - I can say it has improved the quality of my sleep and the quality of my days (no more severe fatigue every single afternoon).
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Further Update: Ok, about 18months in on CPAP using BMC auto machine and all is good. Average Treatment Pressure  is 7 (cmH2O), Average P95 is 7 (cmH2O), Maximum AHI is 2.5 and Average AHI is 0.3. These to me are fantastic results and I feel far better for going on CPAP. I have been using a BMC Fealite Nasal Pillow for the last 6 months and have found it more suitable as it is a little more comfortable than the BMC nasal mask I was using, although both are great. The cost saving on buying the BMC machine and using their masks has been significant compared to other brands, yet treatment regime has been a success. After going through a couple of cardioversions and a cardiac ablation, the CPAP therapy has assisted in keeping my arrhythmia under control. Got to be happy with that. Good tidings to all on your own CPAP journeys.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news, Harry!   like
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to an auto bilevel machine (outright purchase from online vendor), the settings suggested here weren't efficacious, so I followed the titration guidelines released by phillip's directly, and it made a wonderful difference.  I am sleeping restfully for at least 9 hours a night with an average ahi of 1.48 with minimal leaks!

Here is the outline for anyone having issues:

AHI   1.48
Philips Respironics
DreamStation Auto BiPAP
PAP Mode: AutoBiLevel
Min EPAP 5.5 Max IPAP 11.0 PS 2.0-4.5 (cmH2O)

[Image: 50618534957_73b0a5b8d2.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using these images for Philips BiPAP for coaching members.  I think the protocols are the same settings, however the one you posted has some initial setup considerations.  I'll have to look for it.  What is the title of the publication? The Resmed VPAP S protocol gets into oxygen saturation and RERA which is also helpful.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9715]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9716]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4118]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice!  Those are great, I happened to find the one I used by searching, I'm glad you're sharing them!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am only on my second month of therapy but was able to feel better almost straight away. 

I wake up with more energy than before. Not every day, but many more good mornings than before.

I have limited the need for afternoon naps a lot. 

What other benefits will i discover, I don't know. But these 2 are worth every bit. 

Now that I have joined this board, my PR Dream Station Expert with P&K full face mask, will need some 
analysis from the experts on this forum in time. 

My sleep clinic was charging over double the price of the equipment so I had to purchase on my own. 
The good people at my sleep clinic will likely not monitor me moving forward.  Thanks

If there is anyone as skeptical as I was, but with sever apnea, I finally thought to try it out. You wont be disappointed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 157 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,624 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,835 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 172 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 549 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.